PDA

View Full Version : Last night of the Proms

Kazz
09-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Anyone watching it I always anjoy it mind you I watch the Proms as such when I can.

Karen

dinahsmum
10-09-2006, 08:57 AM
No, I didn't watch it last night I'm afraid but I do regard it as one of the entertainment reference points of the year. Last Night of the Proms marks the end of true summer - whatever nice weather/Indian summer is still to come, just as BBC Sports Personality of the Year means that Christmas is just around the corner :)

Donna
10-09-2006, 10:21 AM
Only thing I was watching last night was

ROBBIE!!

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Much more my cup of tea!!

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Sweet
10-09-2006, 10:25 AM
I went to a Charity do, it was really good, good music and good comedian, I won a deep fat fryer :shock: x

Mags
10-09-2006, 10:44 AM
I watched it Kazz, thought it was brilliant!

I would love to attend one just to get the real feel of all that atmosphere!:D

yola
10-09-2006, 12:29 PM
I didn't watch it, as although it's a great evening it find watching it a bit samey year after year. I did catch the very end . . . is Alan Titchmarch commentating it? It sounded very much like him . . .

I have been to a couple of proms concerts in the past - albeit not the last night. Probably be a while before I can go again :roll:

Mags
10-09-2006, 01:35 PM
I didn't watch it, as although it's a great evening it find watching it a bit samey year after year. I did catch the very end . . . is Alan Titchmarch commentating it? It sounded very much like him . . .

I have been to a couple of proms concerts in the past - albeit not the last night. Probably be a while before I can go again :roll:
Yes it was Alan Titchmarsh commentating, Yola:D

Kim
10-09-2006, 09:21 PM
I did watch it but do find it very samey. I prefer the proms concerts, but don't seem to have had the time to watch many this year. I have been to 2 'last nights' and the atmosphere is excellent. When we lived in London we had season tickets 2 years running and went to most concerts during the season. we got to know quite a few other 'prommers' so the last night was like a party! I agree that the last night of the proms signifies the end of summer for me too. :(