PDA

View Full Version : Stray cat and possible kittens

smithdouglaswood
05-09-2006, 11:56 PM
We have been trying since Thursday of last week to trap a cat who was spotted heading into woods near us, she also had at least one kitten!

On the Thursday we left food which was eaten, then we managed to get a trap put out on the Friday night, which we have faithfully looked after but to no avail!!

The local oscar lady has been great and is very busy so don't like to keep bothering, but will have to get new ideas, unless you never know we might be lucky tonight!

We would like this little lady kept in the area and oscar take them once trapped, neuter etc and bring them back and this would be great, so fingers crossed!!

Angie and the gang

Sweet
06-09-2006, 07:45 AM
Fingers and paws crossed here x

dinahsmum
06-09-2006, 07:48 AM
Good luck
I'm sure if you keep feeding they will want to stay with you.

Donna
06-09-2006, 08:12 AM
I hope you manage to get this poor kitty - cant be nice for her with a kitten(S). Tempt her with some nice food as long as it is her that is getting it, and no other animal!

Emm
06-09-2006, 08:38 AM
I hope you manage to get the cat with her kittens - poor thing. I'm sure you will get her soon

smithdouglaswood
09-09-2006, 07:36 PM
Managed to get a lovely black/ginger girl on Thursday night, she was taken to the vet on Friday to be neutered etc and vet said no sign of having milk for kittens, but we have still put the trap out with some lovely food in the hope that if there are any older kittens they will have a little feast!!

Anyway the little girl is doing fine and am awaiting an update to see what happens next, she can come back here no probs.

Angie and the gang

dandysmom
09-09-2006, 08:19 PM
So glad you got her; hope the kitten/s show up also!!

dinahsmum
09-09-2006, 08:25 PM
Very best of luck with this ... and if there are kittens which need trapping I hope you manage that too.
Keep us informed, won't you?

Mags
10-09-2006, 10:28 AM
Glad you managed you get her.....and good luck with any kittens that may be around..

Sweet
10-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Great news x

smithdouglaswood
24-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Managed to trap another cat, turned out to be my friends semi-feral from down the road, and to my disappointment haven't managed to trap anything else, not sure wether to give up for now.

The black/ginger girl has gone back out and comes for some food at night and seems to be doing well.

Angie and the gang

dandysmom
24-09-2006, 08:42 PM
Nice to get a follow-up on this! Apparently there were no kittens...???

smithdouglaswood
29-09-2006, 09:39 PM
I thought that I would let you know have stopped trapping for the time being as still no sign of any other cat/kittens. I will be keeping in touch with the wardens at the centre in case of any other arrivals or appearances!

Don't know what happened to the kitten that was seen?

Angie and the gang