PDA

View Full Version : Freddy Mercury

dinahsmum
05-09-2006, 10:41 AM
Would have been 60 today. How old does that make you feel.
However, he was another of those people you just can't envisage being old; maybe he was destined to go early.

Naomi
05-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Blimey! I can't envisage him being 60 so you maybe right there.

Mags
06-09-2006, 06:58 PM
I never tire of listening to Freddy Mercury....or watching his videos, even now.

He was certainly one of the greats...

Patch
06-09-2006, 08:46 PM
I never tire of listening to Freddy Mercury....or watching his videos, even now.

He was certainly one of the greats...

Ditto :D

He was besotted with cats too, [ for anyone who didnt know that ].
He had several rescues over the years, as well as being given a couple of pedigree`s as gifts from close friends, according to his last long terms partner in his book. In the book it says he kept all those he had in England but when given any abroad where he had houses he found homes for them among trusted friends.
He was apparently absolutely devoted to them, insisting his last living beloved mogs be able to sit on his bed at his most frail and vulnerable despite his doctors advising him against it.

It was so touching for his partner to write about Freddies love for cats, to acknowledge how important they were during his life.

dinahsmum
06-09-2006, 08:51 PM
I didn't know that at all, but I'm not suprised.

Kim
06-09-2006, 10:49 PM
I thought Freddie Mercury was fab - definitely unique. His love of cats, which I didn't know about, has made me like him even more. Hard to believe he would have been 60, and I agree I just can't imagine him being that age. Same with Marc Bolan too, as people say perhaps he just wasn't destined for older age.