PDA

View Full Version : Fussy Eater???

Donna
04-09-2006, 10:30 PM
Remember me posting a while back about my Chloe being a fussy eater???????????

Well I now look back and wonder what I was worrying about!!! I have changed the brand of food and also changed how I feed the cats and she is now one very interested kitty at dinner times!!

The cats are now getting Burns Nutrition Dry food in the morning and it is left for them to nibble all day. In the evenings I feed them Sheba which they both LOVE!!! They fight to get the food and never leave a scrap!!

The only drawback to this eager eating is when I feed Chloe a treat she nearly bites my hand off and usually ends up with my fingers in her mouth as well as the treat. I am left with bite marks and a rather nervous disposition :-D :-D

Can you train cats to sit and take a treat nicely like dogs can???:roll:

dandysmom
05-09-2006, 03:13 AM
Donna, I've lived with 7 cats and only 1 of them would take a treat from my fingers without nipping them in the process! I've just learned to put it down for them to snatch....maybe they can be trained, but I don't have any idea how...sorry!

Donna
05-09-2006, 07:38 AM
Thanks DM!! My big scary Misty takes treats from me ever so delicately. Just assumed it was Chloe being the piggy that she has become!!!

Maybe it is Misty who is unusual as she is very polite!!!

So everyone, is your cat a polite puss or a piggy puss when it comes to treats??????????????