PDA

View Full Version : Beauty - our first foster dog

Kim
27-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Well, as I mentioned in Luke's thread we now have Beauty our first foster dog, we are fostering her for the oldies club. She certainly lives up to her name! She was owned by a lady in Wales who has sadly passed away. She was brought to us by several volunteer drivers who 'exchanged' her at various service stations from Wales and finally to us. She has settled so well, is brilliant with the cats, good with Caleb, has eaten 2 good meals and had a good bath and brush! Her fur was a mess - very dirty & matted, the amount of fur I got out could stuff a cushion! We took her for a walk earlier to a safe area and let her off the lead, she didn't wander and if she got too far in front she came immediately she was called. She will sit & give you her paw. As I type this she is fast asleep on my bed. Although we were told she is a springer x, I would say she is a small border collie x. I will take her to the vets in a few days, she definitely needs a dental, possibly some teeth removed, needs microchipping and vaccinating. Will post some piccies asap!

Jules
27-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Awwwww congrats on your new addition, great she's settled in so well, can't wait to see some pics.

Good luck xxx

Moli
27-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Good for you taking an oldie, she sounds lovely, look forward to the pictures...

dinahsmum
28-08-2006, 08:40 AM
Sounds a lovely situation Kim - she is lucky to have found you. How long do you anticipate having her?

yola
28-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Kim - it's so nice that's you've taken Lady on and that she's assimilated into your household so well. Hopefully she'll go on to find a lovely, permenant home as she sounds adorable :D

CathyW
28-08-2006, 10:23 AM
that was my dogs name when i was a kid, she was a boxer dog, very powerfull, pulled me off my feet quite a few times.

Kim
28-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Sounds a lovely situation Kim - she is lucky to have found you. How long do you anticipate having her?

It depends how long it takes to find her a pemanent home, Caleb was fostered for 3 weeks before he came to us, but some take several months, even years!

Kim - it's so nice that's you've taken Lady on and that she's assimilated into your household so well. Hopefully she'll go on to find a lovely, permenant home as she sounds adorable :D

To be honest Yola, she is so gorgeous that I hope she doesn't find a new home for some time! In fact we could even be 'ff' - failed fosterers!!:lol:

Sweet
28-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Great news - cant wait to see your pics x

Kim
30-08-2006, 12:10 AM
As promised a couple of photos of Beauty.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i168/Brenkim/IMG_0154.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i168/Brenkim/IMG_0153.jpg

dinahsmum
30-08-2006, 08:17 AM
Oh, she is a sweetie Kim

Naomi
30-08-2006, 09:26 AM
Awww the name Beauty certainly suites her, she is gorgeous!!!

Rosie
30-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Good on you for taking on an Oldie - could you be prone to failed fostering syndrome?:)

Luke
30-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Shes a sweetie-looks like a sprollie (springer x collie) too me!

Sweet
30-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Awwwwwww shes a darling so cute x

Kim
30-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Shes a sweetie-looks like a sprollie (springer x collie) too me!

Yes, Luke that's the conclusion we have come to too! I must say it is a lovely combination. :D

EmmaG
30-08-2006, 07:03 PM
awwww she is certainly a beauty!!!

Kim
01-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Just to let you all know that Beauty went to her forever home today. :( The lady phoned on Friday to arrange it and I was in tears on the phone (felt such a fool!) I have been weepy all day today and feel empty without her. Strangely enough Caleb seems a bit 'lost' too. Her new owners phoned this evening to say she is fine and settling well. I know she will have a great life with them. They own a kennnels and cattery so around most of the time, have acres of land a a lovely old gentleman of a lab x called Dufus.
I cannot go through this heartache again but hope to still help with the oldies, either homechecking or transporting. I will never regret having Beauty though, that little dog stole a piece of my heart for sure!

random
01-10-2006, 10:59 PM
Oh she is lovely, she does look very springer like. I have a springer X collie.

Welldone you for being so considerate to foster her. xx

Mags
01-10-2006, 10:59 PM
I must have missed this thread while I was on holiday Kim:?

Beauty is certainly a beautiful dog and I am so pleased she has found her forever home....though I understand how upsetting it must be for you to say goodbye to her:(

alexgirl73
01-10-2006, 11:02 PM
Well done to you Kim for doing such a hard job. I hope you aren't too upset for too long and can think on the fact that Beauty will be so happy in her forever home.

Naomi
02-10-2006, 01:18 PM
Aww Kim, I'd probably be like a blubbering fool aswell :D