PDA

View Full Version : Hola

Onyx
26-08-2006, 03:12 AM
Hi from me and kitty, in Vancouver BC at the moment, though were both from Europe, moved here and he came with me.

:p

Az
26-08-2006, 03:19 AM
Hi Onyx

It's great to have you with us! I hope you'll be posting pics of your cat soon :mrgreen:

So will you be moving back to Europe soon? (bet you miss it... (not?!) :p )

Onyx
26-08-2006, 03:25 AM
Was just sorting that. (http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?p=296560#post296560)

Nope I think I'm going to stay in Vancouver for a while, may move back, would be to spain or some where south and east I think.

Tom
26-08-2006, 03:31 AM
Hiya Onyx Welcome To Catsey, Just Going To Look At Those Pictures Now :)

Tom

dandysmom
26-08-2006, 03:31 AM
Hi, Onyx, warm welcome to Catsey! Hope you enjoy it; we're a friendly lot. Tell us about your kitty!

Onyx
26-08-2006, 03:35 AM
Well Onyx will be 13 years on this coming May 5th.

His mom was road kill when he was 3-4 weeks I think, so I had to hand raise him, he's been every where with me, around England, college, university, etc.

And as of last year he got in a box for 16 hours to come with me to Vancouver, BC.

Not something I'd advised putting a cat through, though after two weeks he was fine and there was no option of leaving him any where.

Az
26-08-2006, 03:43 AM
Wow he's been with you everywhere!.... I reckon you can 'see' how much he loves you in the pics you posted - definate bond there.

Don't blame you for preferring to move somewhere warm like Spain :lol: I bet you don't miss the British weather! (Although Vancouver isn't much better is it?)

Onyx
26-08-2006, 03:53 AM
Vancouver has a better average all round, though it gets hotter in the summer and due to its location, I can go inland a bit and cook in the summer, and come winter I've got 3 snowboarding mountains 30 mins away, let alone all the other stuff there is to do here.

yola
26-08-2006, 09:40 AM
Lovely to meet you Onyx! Hope you enjoy our company - look forward to getting to know both you and your kitty better in the coming weeks/months. :D

dinahsmum
26-08-2006, 02:10 PM
:smt039 Hola to you too!
Vancouver eh? Haven't been that far out west but I do love the parts of Canada that i have seen (Ontario and Quebec).
Look forward to chatting more with you and Dandysmom (from Washington DC) will be delighted to have someone to chat to in our wee small hours!

Donna
26-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Hello and welcome!!

Hope you stay around to chat!!

Onyx
26-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Well I work online and Onyx says I must post here lots, so I dare say I'm going to be.

Kim
26-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Your life in Vancouver sounds very interesting, looking forward to hearing more about you and Onyx - great name btw!

dandysmom
26-08-2006, 07:50 PM
We did some of that last night, DM, evern though there's a four hour difference in time between us!!

Onyx
26-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Your life in Vancouver sounds very interesting, looking forward to hearing more about you and Onyx - great name btw!

Thanks, well he was black, had blue eyes and is hard as nails, had to be Onyx really :)

Az
26-08-2006, 08:34 PM
...Onyx says I must post here lots, so I dare say I'm going to be.

You listen to Onyx - he knows whats what that little fellow :)

In case you are wondering guys, Onyx is a member of the talented vBulletin team - they work on the Catsey and Dogsey forum software :-D Onyx helped me with the recent rebuilding of the Catsey/catpages database - so a big thank you to him for his help :D

MrsH
26-08-2006, 10:52 PM
In case you are wondering guys, Onyx is a member of the talented vBulletin team - they work on the Catsey and Dogsey forum software :-D Onyx helped me with the recent rebuilding of the Catsey/catpages database - so a big thank you to him for his help :D[/quote]

A very special welcome to you then Onyx! :p

Onyx
26-08-2006, 11:09 PM
A very special welcome to you then Onyx! :p

Hmm Hampshire, I was there just before I left for here, though I spent the most time in West Sussex.

Sweet
27-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Hi and welcome to Catsey x

Violet, Mau Mau, Vincent and Mabel wave a paw x

Lovely pics - 20th floor eh???? hope he stays inside!

Thank you for your hard work for Dogsey and Catsey x

Moli
27-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Hi. warm welcome to Catsey........

Onyx
28-08-2006, 07:56 PM
He stays inside when I'm not here, though he's very good, so he goes out when I'm about :)

dandysmom
28-08-2006, 08:30 PM
With that magnificent view, I'd spend as much time possible outside on the balcony in clement weather as I could! Is it as rainy in Vancouver as Seattle? I'm normally a rain-hater, but am desperately hoping for some now; we're in a mini-drouth here in Washington: .96 all August!! Day after sunny day with no rain! Pat Onyx for me, he's such a handsome fellow!

Onyx
28-08-2006, 11:24 PM
I work from home 100% so I get to sit here and stare out the windows most of the day when thinking about software design thingys, so I'm taking full advantage of it, I move in 3 weeks to a place twice the size, though with no view, same money, view for space, so makes sense this time.

Yup, its rainy up here, though not that bad at all, blazing sun at the moment, much the same as Seattle from what I can figure out, we are pretty close, its just we're right next to the Rockies here so they back up the weather on the city, keeps it wonderful and green though :)

Lots of pats for kitty, 24/7 love for him :-D