PDA

View Full Version : Feeding kitten

Rosie
22-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Alfie is now nearly four months old and I am feeding him three times a day. Rosie my older cat only gets fed twice a day when do you change from 3 to 2 times a day? Also Alfie is hungry all the time is this normal for a young cat? He has been wormed and has normal stools.

dinahsmum
22-08-2006, 04:33 PM
Mine are 4 months and a week and although I have told them that they should reduce from 'babies' 4 times a day to three they don't believe me!
Just play it by ear ... and yes, mine are hungry all the time too - something to do with growing and constantly expending energy i think :)

Sweet
22-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Yep same here, my two are always hungry and wanting more x

MrsH
22-08-2006, 05:33 PM
When mine were little they reminded me of that board game "Hungry Hippos" they way they gobbled their food! You're right, they do seem to be always hungry at that age.

We solved it by leaving a dish of dried food down in addition to their proper meals so they could nibble whenever they felt like it. Is this an option for you Rosie, or do you think your older cat would scoff it all?

Rosie
25-08-2006, 08:34 AM
Is this an option for you Rosie, or do you think your older cat would scoff it all?

Not an option for me - the older cat couldn't care less but Holly my lurcher just vacumms up any leftovers:lol: