PDA

View Full Version : Theres still no news on Elsa..

Luke
15-08-2006, 11:22 AM
just thought i would give "Rod" a ring to see if there was any news on Elsa...still a hair nor hide has been seen around the stables, or surrounding land since she dissapeared....that was a fair few weeks ago now...
No cats reported killed in the road locally, fitting her description..which leaves a large question mark over whats happened too her...whether she has found another home, living rough..or something *else*.
I know she isn't "my" cat anymore...but i still feel a duty to see her okay. Wherever she is i hope she is safe and happy:?

dinahsmum
15-08-2006, 12:23 PM
That is a shame Luke.

I think it's one of the few 'bad things' about cat "ownership" - too many of them leave without saying goodbye, either through rta, wandering or just going off to die when they are ill. It's connected with their sense of self and freedom - for which we value them, so I guess it's another of life's 'you pick up one end of the stick/you pick up the other' compromises.

I hope you hear something sometime; it's not nice not knowing.

dandysmom
15-08-2006, 05:53 PM
What a shame, Luke...the not knowing is what hurts. Hope Rod will have some better news soon....

Mags
15-08-2006, 06:11 PM
It must be so worrying not knowing where or what has happened to Elsa, Luke and the suddeness of her disappearance makes it worse.

I really hope you get some answers soon.....

Naomi
15-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Aww Luke I know how you feel. It's the not knowing that gets to you. Stay positive sweetie {{{{hugs}}}}

Maybe some children have found her and thought she was a stray so have taken her home with them. It happens quite alot round here

Luke
15-08-2006, 07:19 PM
I think she must be either no longer with us or taken in somewhere..none of the stablehands, farmers with fields local, lurcher men even (!) have seen a cat like her..which would appear, to me..odd if she was just roughing it!

Amanda
15-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Sorry I don't know Elsa's story Luke as I've been too busy on dogsey and other things, but I do hope that Elsa is found safe and sound. Keeping fingers crossed for you at this awful time

CathyW
15-08-2006, 08:29 PM
is there a chance that she could be making her way back to yours???

Luke
15-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Not sure BM-it would be one heck of a way as its a fair drive..so by catfoot..would be a long LONG way away..

dandysmom
15-08-2006, 08:43 PM
But they do it sometimes, even over great distances. Did you ever read "The Incredible Journey": fictionalized version of a Siamese and two dogs who made their way back home after accidentally being abandoned in the wilderness....miles upon miles, months journey!!! Great story. Maybe......???

CathyW
15-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Not sure BM-it would be one heck of a way as its a fair drive..so by catfoot..would be a long LONG way away..i was going to say it could be possible, any chance of re-tracing your steps??

Moli
15-08-2006, 10:29 PM
Hope you hear something about Elsa soon Luke....