PDA

View Full Version : Smelly breath

Naomi
14-08-2006, 03:49 PM
I picked Salt up today to give her a check over and noticed her breath really, really stinks bad :cat36

I've also noticed she's got a bald spot comming on the inside of her right front leg. It doesn't look red or sore and she will allow me to touch it. It's just got no hair on it

I think it's gonna be another cat to the vets on Friday aswell as the little kitties :roll:

sweetmimi
18-08-2006, 11:19 AM
Oh dear has she got any bad teeth or any mouth problems if not it sounds like a tummy problem to me.Best get the vet to check it out.

Naomi
18-08-2006, 12:39 PM
We were told that she has gingtivitus (sp) by her previous owners but never noticed really bad breath on her before now. My vet didn't think it was that bad when i took her for a checkup the other week but maybe worth getting her cewhcked out when I have Moli checked out aswell.

yola
18-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Bad breath is usually caused by bad teeth. My old boy, Ferdy had the most rotten breath and his teeth were bad :(

Moli
18-08-2006, 03:56 PM
We were told that she has gingtivitus (sp) by her previous owners but never noticed really bad breath on her before now. My vet didn't think it was that bad when i took her for a checkup the other week but maybe worth getting her cewhcked out when I have Moli checked out aswell.
My Sam had very smelly breath Nae, the vet did say it was because he had gingivitis.....

sweetmimi
21-08-2006, 06:52 PM
Any updates how is the little one now?

Naomi
21-08-2006, 07:10 PM
I've stopped giving her wet food and kept her to dry food and she doesn't seem to have really smelly breath now. It's still smelly but nowhere near as bad it was the other day.