PDA

View Full Version : On the countdown now

Kazz
27-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Well the countdown has started - it is only 7 days till Cleo's birthday on 4th August; it will be our first without Oz and odd the first we have celebrated - maybe having him PTS has brought it home to me they are old cats.

Anyhow no more maudlin - for those of you new to the board; Cleo is my cat who is simply a ginger and white moggy. She will be 24.

I have considered this today as Elaine reminded me of Cleo's birthday so to celebrate I thought we could have a post to remember all the funny things your cats have done over the years.

What do you think?

Moli
27-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Sounds like a great idea Kazz.....

Mags
27-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Brilliant idea Kazz!:lol:

Fran
27-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Happy birthday to Cleo for the 4th!!

Great idea about the thread Kazz..

Kim
27-07-2006, 10:44 PM
A great idea Kazz. 24 - such an amazing age!

Kazz
27-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Right here you are for starters

Refusing to eat food down for more than 2 hours....then eating from the rubbish bin.:roll:

The midnight chorus that wakes you in the early hours. You stumble down for food as she chooses that moment to lie on the stair you are about to step on so you almost go head over heels to avoid treading on her.

On the way back up with the said food your head remembers where she is snoozing, but she's moved now and curls round your ankles to make certain of tripping you on the way back up. :roll:

She insists on following me up the road when I am in the car, yet when I want to take her to the vets I can't find her for love or money. :roll:

I have spent hours calling her frantic with worry trapsing the streets looking for her then crawled home exhausted to see her strolling out of the airing cupboard - on occasion she has even had the audacity to climb over me to go out for a stroll as I lie collapsed from exhaustion in the hallway. :roll:

She has thrown up hairballs at the most embarrasing of moments, and locations. And what do I do instead of apologising to my guests I ignore them and FIRST I check she's okay before I do anything.:roll:

I have been brought by the two of them over the years, dead birds, mice, rats, live koi carp, and still struggling rabbits (Oscar those) the occasional kitten stolen from a demented Mother cat who paced up and down outside.
Then the saga of the warm chicken nuggests. Not to mention the cooked lamb joints, add to that still warm pork chops - luckily minus the apple sauce. Then there was the complete chicken uncooked but with stuffing already added.:roll: Cleo brought me a barbie doll once - which remained unclaimed. :roll:

I have had the hall decorated by flying cat fur both theirs and invaders.

I have watched as they stalked the same moth and collided with each other in mid air :roll:

I have sat up nights when Oscar got blood poisoning from a abyss due to a cat bite.:roll:

I have chosen my house with them in mind - cul de sac - location off a quiet road, do they appreciate it - HA.

Oscar (who else) who brought home a dead magpie :shock: he spent about 4-5 minutes trying to get it through the cat flap oddly enough that is exactly the amount of time I also spent trying to get him to change his mind but he was determinded that bird was coming in. Then when the blinking thing was in it decided to do a Lazarus and come back from the dead it proceeded to fly up the stairs - with Cleo and Oscar in hot pursuit. :shock:
I was the easiest target and it flew at me I fell backwards - the bird swopped into the living room and landed on the fireplace - Gyp my previous Stafford went for the bird the cats arrived (a bit like the aristocats remember the siamese charging round the house) the bird again went towards me.
Eventually after what seemed to be days not the mere minutes it must have been the bird was exhausted - I threw a towel over it and took it off in a box to round by the canal and let it go only to turn around and see Oscar running towards me he swerved like the expert he was around my legs tail in the air aiming straight towards where the poor bird had been let go.

I shouted after him in desperation - bring that home again and you're for it mate. I went toward home to collapse to see Cleo approaching the house with a live mouse. I gave in and went to the pub.:?

Would I change anything - No not a moment, nor would I add any days to their lives because all good things must come to an end.

Fran
27-07-2006, 10:53 PM
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 Absolutely brilliant Kazz!!!!

Kazz
27-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Glad you're laughing Fran :roll:
Oscar once brought in the house a Crow - which had an injured wing and could not fly hence why he must have caught it I think; however have you ever tried to get a half live crow off a determined cat :???: not easy, not easy.

Then there is Cleo the fully signed up member of ECBFA

Mags
27-07-2006, 11:01 PM
:smt005:smt005:smt005

Brilliant Kazz........Cassie must be boring as I can't compete with that!!:-D

Moli
27-07-2006, 11:02 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Fantastic Kazz.....

Kazz
27-07-2006, 11:04 PM
:smt005:smt005:smt005

Brilliant Kazz........Cassie must be boring as I can't compete with that!!:-D

Wait another 15years or so and I bet she's clocked up loads similar:-D

dandysmom
28-07-2006, 02:42 AM
Definitely a brlliant idea; laughed myself silly at your stories! Are we to do it on this thread? I'll start, although they're not as funny as yours. One Christmas I went into the kitchen to get a beer after dinner; didn't turn the light on just reached in & got it. About 15 minutes later, heard muffled banging coming, from, I thought, next door (live in a row house). Thought it was my elderly neighbor & couldn't imagine what she was doing on Christmas night..?? It slowly dawned on me that the banging was coming from my kitchen: turned out that Sultan has popped smartly into the refrigerator as I was getting my beer...he was after the chicken wrapped in plastic on the bottom shelf!! Not only was he furious when I let him out, he had managed to overturn my dish of homemade cranberry sauce & had it smeared all over his fur...he was a mess & took hours to clean himself off...I tried to contain myself but couldn't help but laugh, which made him only madder!! Then there ws the time the squirrel came down the chimney, but will save that one for later!

borderdawn
28-07-2006, 06:23 AM
Thats fab Kazz!
Dawn.

yola
28-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Kazz and DM . . . too funny!!!!

I have one of these American-style fridge-freezers which are very easy for the cats to get into. Darcy's forever hovvering and I'm certain one day he's going to get suck in there. He' so small and scrawny that I'm sure it'd do him no good!!

My cats really don't do anything much :( , so I will sit back and enjoy everyone else's stories

Sweet
28-07-2006, 10:30 AM
10 out of 10 for this thread its brilliant, I am sat here laughing my head off - more please x

Hreow
28-07-2006, 10:43 AM
The way they have of turning huge and fiver-pointed-star shaped on any surface you would like to share with them (such as a bed). Rover's thin and leggy so I can sort of see where the reach comes from, but I had a quite plump and compact madam who seemed to be able to elasticate herself and stretch to ridiculous lenghts. And always a sardine-y, wet and cold nose pushing against you - I think she had eight of those... : /

Speaking of nose: Can't put glasses, visors, shades, goggles anywhere near Rover. You get an instant wet-nose "Can you see me in there?" mark where his slimy little nose gets pressed against it.

Kazz
28-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Thank you all for joining and repling to the posts and those that have shared their stories.
I thought a happy thread for Cleo. Thanks all look forward to reading more.

Elaine
28-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Excellent thread Kazz.
Friands and relatives used to always be amused by the way Winston would imitate me. I would be curled on the sofa watching a movie with Winston curled at the backs of my knees. He used to be in the same positions as I would be in. Half slouched with his elbow leaning on me as I leaned on the arm of the couch, with hind legs stretched out just as mine were.

He also loved to hide in drawers and have me hunting high and low for him. I always ended up having to take dawers out so he could get back out again.

He, towards the end would yowl in the night and when I would get up to make sure he was alright, he would look at me with the expression of surprise as to why I was out of bed.

In his younger years he got a scaletrics, you know those racing cars on a track, he loved to chase them round and round before colapsing at my feet for some well deserved fussing.

Kazz
28-07-2006, 08:03 PM
God you reminded me then Elaine, how they love drawers - mustbe a cat thing.

Thanks the memories are lovely aren't they?

dandysmom
28-07-2006, 08:33 PM
Too true about drawers; all of mine have loved hopping in them...once I left a drawer open in the spare bedroom just for the cats...do you think they used it...of course not!!!:roll: :-D

Naomi
03-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Those memory's are fantastic!!! They are so funny, thanks for sharing them. I'm gonna have to think about what Moli's done