PDA

View Full Version : Hi - We are new

Samz5
27-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Hello I'm Sam and I have 5 and a half cats!
Let me introduce my babies...... My oldest is Mitz she is 14 she used to be quite agressive and moody in her younger days but has mellowed out so much and these days shes just a big softie!
Then there Tango my big orange boy hes 13, he was one of Mitzs kittens and is just the kindest cat you could meet.
Next Rags and Bones, these 2 were rescued as kittens, they were being kept in an outdoor cupboard on a rundown council estate, I them saw while visiting a friend after school and they were tiny, had hardly any fur and had big round bellies full of worms, then when I went back to see them I saw the children who owned them 'playing' with one of them by picking him up by his head and smashing it into the concrete path! So I went home and gave my dad the sob story and sad eyes and he went and asked the owners (the parents of the children) if we could have them and he said yes he didn't want them anyway he only took them because the people who owned them before him was gonna have them drowned! Anyway this is turning into a long story .... they are 12 now Rags is my baby, he adores me and the feelings mutual, I work at home so were together pretty much 24/7, and Bones is such a sweetie hes the quiet one of the group, hes had a tough life, he has kidney disease now (diagnosed 2 1/2 years ago) and is on medication, hes doing ok other than his teeth keep rotting so has hardly any left now.
Ok then the baby of the group Courtney, shes 10, playful as a kitten, very churpy and naughty she was also one of Mitzs babys.
oh and the half cat ... its a stray maybe, we noticed it about 10 days ago in the house eating our cats food but its probably been coming in for longer because it looks just like Courtney, it has a bad injury on its neck but we can't get near it yet.
Ok congrats if anyone made it through my long first post, beleive me I could have written double on my babies because I absolutely adore them! Do you want to see some pics?

yola
27-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Hello Sam - thank you for that wonderful introduction to your cats. And it could have been twice as long and I would have still enjoyed reading it!!

Poor Rags and Bones, sounds like they had a rough start to life . . . still at least they've found you - or you found them!!

I'd love to see some pics of your cats if you have a moment to upload them . . . oh, and do keep us posted about the poor stray. That's how our old (now deceased) boy Ferdy, came to us. Kept coming to be fed and eventually turned up with a nasty head wound, a trip to the vet, neutering and ended up joining our furry family!!

Hope to hear more about you all soon :-D

Naomi
27-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Welcome to the mad house!

Your cats sound great. As for pictures....the more the merrier :D

Mags
27-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Hi Sam! http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/18.gif to Catpages!!

That's a brilliant introduction and it sounds like you have a great fur family!:D

Hope you will enjoy it here, we are a friendly, slightly mad crowd who will chat about anything!:D

Looking forward to chatting more and seeing lots (yes please!) of your pics!:lol:

Moli
27-07-2006, 12:32 PM
Hi warm welcome to Catpaghes, look forward to chatting, and pictures of your cats....

Hreow
27-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Welcome to all of you!!
Nobody's thrown heavy objects at me for posting long posts, so do feel free to tell us more in great detail (with photos if you can, please). :-) I agree completely with Mags - brilliant introduction!

Fran
27-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Warm welcome to Catpages Sam :smt039 Looking forward to seeing the piccies of your furbabies :D

borderdawn
27-07-2006, 02:48 PM
Welcome Sam, of COURSE we want pics!
Dawn.

Samz5
27-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.... I will continue to ramble on about my cats soon but for now here are some pictures

Mitz

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/123sammy/Mitz.jpg

Tango

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/123sammy/tango.jpg

Rags

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/123sammy/ragsasleep.jpg

Bones

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/123sammy/Bones.jpg

Courtney

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/123sammy/courtneyhunting.jpg

No pictures of the stray yet but it looks pretty much like Courtney

Hreow
27-07-2006, 03:25 PM
You have a gorgeous family!

Mags
27-07-2006, 03:49 PM
They are all stunning cats Sam!!

yola
27-07-2006, 04:02 PM
They are all adorable!!! I love the expression on Courtney's face . . . just the sweetest :D

Sweet
27-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Hi and welcome to Cat Pages x

Violet, Mau Mau, Vincent and Mabel wave a paw x

Your cats are gorgeous x

dandysmom
27-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Sam, welcome to Catpages...loved the stories about your furry family! Great pics, especially Mitz; she is a beauty!! Keep the pics coming!

LMC
28-07-2006, 09:25 AM
Pretty kitties!

Hello and welcome :)

Samz5
28-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Thanks for all your lovely comments :) I got a pic of the stray last night here it is
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/123sammy/newcat2.jpg

Jac
28-07-2006, 12:26 PM
Hello and a warm welcome Sam. Love your piccs. Looking forward tgo chatting.

Hreow
28-07-2006, 02:09 PM
No wonder you took the one for the other! Your stray looks quite happy as well. :-)

dinahsmum
03-08-2006, 07:42 AM
:smt039 Hi and welcome!
Hope you're still here after the 'technical difficulties' - we are usually very reliable.

Samz5
04-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Hello I'm still here! We've had all kinds of fun this week with the 'stray' cat... decieded he needs a vet to check out his injury but we had to find out if it was really a stray or someone elses pet so we printed lots of flyers and went round the whole street posting them, had lots of phonecalls about him, lots of people have seen him and were worried.. a man phoned and said it was his cat who he hadn't seen for 3 weeks, so I agreed to try and trap him so he could take him home... but the cat hasn't been back since, we'll at least I haven't seen him in the house hes probably coming in after we've gone to bed.
I asked the owner what the cats name was and he thought about it for a good 30 seconds (?) and said it used to be his girlfriends cat and she left 2 years ago and called him all kinds of things, eventually he said the cats name is Domino... I don't know about you but this sounds a bit suspicious.. I mean if you were the main caregiver to a cat for 2 years would you need to think about what its name is?
This on top of its the most nervous cat I've ever met, the other day he came in and my cats chased him out of the house, so bf kept our cats indoors and I went out and fed Domino, I put the plate down and then the food and he ran towards it & me and then noticed he was real close and he got down, put his ears down and back like he was really scared (I was too I thought he might attack me) when I moved away he ran the other way! lol, I've met lots of cats down this street and Domino is very different in his behavoiur toward me (some of the other people who phoned said the same thing)
I probably should have put this post in a different bit of the forum, just getting carried away

Donna
04-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Hello and welcome, great intro and lovely photos!!