PDA

View Full Version : Clementine the saviour..

Luke
13-07-2006, 08:07 AM
Well where to start?!?
We were looking after my cousin (one of many:roll:) last night who is approaching two..set her down to bed etc last night n she was fine..went out like a light.
About an hour or so afterwards Clementine kept running down from the landing bawling..and i mean bawling louder than a siamese!! She then started to go up to us and scratch at our clothes, tugging at us etc..then racing back upstairs bawling again...this carried on for about 10 minutes or so before i went to see what was up..it only turns out Chelsea, my wee cousin was having convulsions in the bed and had sorta swallowed her tounge and was choking! Well we got her to A&E-shes fine now BTW, convulsions due to her getting too hot apparentlly...and when the nurses asked us how we noticed and we replied the cat told us they gave us quite an erm..funny look, until we explained.
I DREAD to think what could have happened had it not been for Clementine 'noticing something'-and how strange that she would *realise* it wasnt right and come and fetch us-shes a life saver i guess! Needless to say she will be fed rich in tuna for the next few days..
Maybe we do underestimate our pets?

Sweet
13-07-2006, 08:19 AM
It doesn't bere thinking about Luke - Well Done Clementine x

dinahsmum
13-07-2006, 09:07 AM
:shock:
What a star!

Luke
13-07-2006, 09:24 AM
we think it was maybe the noise that 'worried' her....but i guess we shall never know, just be thankfull that she alerted us when she did!

yola
13-07-2006, 10:35 AM
Oh Luke - thank HEAVEN for Clementine!!! She really needs to be entered into one of these 'hero pet' awards. I hope Chelsea's alright now :shock:

It's a bit like those two gay interior designers (Colin and . . . someone - his name escapes me). Their cat allerted them to a fire in their Edinburgh apartment and saved all their lives!!!

Clever things cats . . . . :)

JemBob
13-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Animals aint as stupid as some people believe they can always sense when something is wrong and not right well done to her! and give her an extra cuddle from me!

MrsH
13-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Well done Clementine! What a wonderful thing she did.

dandysmom
13-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Clementine is indeed a hero cat! You do hear of these instances from time to time; our animals are a lot smarter than they get credit for!! She certainly deserves all the tuna she wants, and oodles of hugs...some from me!!

Snoof
13-07-2006, 09:38 PM
My cat Dishrag used to come running to let me know when my son was crying - well done Clementine, what a lovely girl :)