PDA

View Full Version : lost cat?

jenny
12-07-2006, 07:46 PM
theres been a cat outside on the green bit infront of our house, which is infront of like 10 houses in this block. Its been hanging around here the last few weeks, just kinda, sitting. Hes really skinny and doesnt look like hes been grooming himself. The only tag he has is one that says 'im on a diet, please dont feed me'. But he looks seriously underweight, u can see his bones.
I went out to him today, and this woman came out and asked if he was mine and i said no. she has also been worrying about him.
So ive gone and put a note on his collar that says for the owner to read and call me as im worried. so i guess if its still there in next couple of days then he might not have a home.
I dont have a pet carrier to take him to the vet to see if he has a chip, and vets is closed now so cant ask if any cats have been reported missing.

any ideaS? i really want to give him something to eat, but if he has an owner, then i dont want him to move in with me.

Hreow
12-07-2006, 07:57 PM
If he's on a diet - he may be allergic to something. Wait until tomorrow, then perhaps also ask the vet what a good, safe, neutral food is, if you think he may be abandoned?

jenny
12-07-2006, 08:09 PM
right, i just went out and sat with him, and he walked toward this house. so i knocked on their door and asked if he was theres. and they said no, but they know who owns him and he often comes in for food etc. apparently he has liver probs and all sorts and is really old. so really relieved now. cept he has a note on his collar that says to phone me if hes someones.lol. oops.

Donna
12-07-2006, 08:15 PM
At least you cared x

Kazz
12-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Hi Jen

If he were my cat (and I've had still have old cats) I would love you forever for caring.

Old cats have a habit of being skinny - honest - and kidney and liver problems are common (albeit not welcome) I would thank you profusely if he were my cat. Bet his owner does too when they call. You are a kind person.

Karen

Fran
12-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Well done for caring! I hope the owners phone you so that they can reassure you that he is indeed loved and well cared for x

Kazz
12-07-2006, 08:44 PM
Thats if he does not loose the note :roll:

EmmaG
12-07-2006, 09:00 PM
lol good on you Jenny for noticing this skinny fella. Nothing wrong with that :)

Jac
12-07-2006, 09:04 PM
I wish there were more people like you.

Mags
12-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Well done for looking out for this little fella Jenny!:D

yola
12-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Jenny - you're a good person to care and to bother. Most wouldn't. If it were my cat you'd be getting a very grateful call!! :D

dinahsmum
13-07-2006, 07:05 AM
Hi Jenny! Hope you're doing OK.
Everyone else has said everything wrt the cat. 'Spect he just enjoys a change of scene and seeing other people - cantankerous things, older cats.

Sweet
13-07-2006, 08:33 AM
Well Done and I agree, at least you care x

Kazz
13-07-2006, 10:45 AM
Jen have you heard from the owners yet?

Kim
13-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Well done for caring. :)