PDA

View Full Version : Holidays...

moggymommy
08-07-2006, 07:05 PM
What do you do when you are going away, do you get a friend/relative to come in to feed puss etc or do you book them in to a cattery?

Mags
08-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Cassie is always booked into the same Cattery every year. We visited several before we chose this one and find it excellent....very clean, very friendly and the cats are given a daily cuddle and groom with a glove.

It is important to me as I know she will be safe and well looked after while I am away........hence there is no need for me to worry about her....:)

Fran
08-07-2006, 07:15 PM
We don't go away terribly often with having so many pets :roll: When we do we usually have a friend or relative come into feed the cats. The only time I have used a cattery was last year when Claude and Clooney were tiny. I put them in the cattery with Maud. My other cats were looked after at home by a neighbour. I was impressed with the cattery, however and would certainly use it again :-)

Sweet
08-07-2006, 07:33 PM
Since having my 4 we havnt been away x

Hreow
08-07-2006, 10:33 PM
We've got friends who love cat-sitting Rover. And so far they've returned him when we got back. :grin:

Donna
09-07-2006, 08:30 AM
I dont go on holidays so no need for me to worry.

JemBob
09-07-2006, 02:45 PM
if we go away i get my brother or sister to live in till we get back :lol:

dinahsmum
09-07-2006, 03:11 PM
I used to have children to look after the livestock, but seing as we moved away from them ...... I've found a very good kennel/cattery and am happy to leave them knowing that they will be safe and that they are in knowledgeable hands and will get vet treament should it be necesary.

Jac
09-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Sorry I'm sad. Holiday whats thet?

Booktigger
09-07-2006, 06:37 PM
I haven't had a proper hol since my housemate left - i had a weekend away when I first started fostering, and my neighbours looked after the cats (I had actually checked with them that they were ok to look after 3 adults and 5 kittens for 3 days rather than the 2 adults they had agreed to!!). My neighbours would always look after my lot for me though.

smithdouglaswood
09-07-2006, 09:41 PM
Holidays!

This year the dogs are going into kennels that friends use, and they are fussy as well, as my dad used to move in but they are menaces and I think he needs a quieter time.

Although he is going to look after Smokey and Fluffy, which will be a treat for him as the old boy and Smokey used to live in the shed and be fed on the doorstep!! He did ask if they had to be in and I said that Fluffy wasn't allowed out yet, so he will have to clean up after them.

Then the horses, well my friend has offered to see to them and hopefully one of my neighbours will give a hand.

The hamsters are going to my nieces, who enjoy having them to play with!!

And I enjoy my weeks break!!

Angie and the gang

random
09-07-2006, 10:09 PM
My father lives only four doors away, he usualy pops in to feed the animals while i'm away, and my brother and sister will help out with walking the dogs and staying at mine (for an extra bit of pocket money mind! :roll: ) for a while each day to give everyone a cuddle! :D

The dogs spend most of the time at my dad's house if i'm away.