PDA

View Full Version : Well i finally did it..

Luke
07-07-2006, 02:37 PM
And brought up Elsa's food bowls, bed and her 'cosy doughnut' from the top of the airing cupboard.
Put it all in a big box and put it up in the attic-felt so VERY strange to do so..and had poor Florrie giving me the evil eye all whilst doing it (she really is finding it weird without 'her' Elsa).
Got a phone call of her "new" owners today..she was speyed yesterday and is fine as we speak, asleep in an armchair in the house' conservatory, and is apparentlly already quite settled. Her new owners told me they will send some pics in a few weeks to show her progress-not sure whether that will help me or make me feel worse...
However-from the report today she already sounds quite settled, and her new owner said he would be more than happy if she took to living in the house and still doing as she pleased, if she doesnt wish to live out totally. Really does sound as if she is "happier" in her new home.

Hreow
07-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Sounds like you need to grieve your loss, even though it may be Elsa's gain and you feel you should be happy for her, and even if it feel silly. There's a big Else-shaped emptiness in your life, of course that hurts, of course it feels "strange". Have some patience with yourself and give yourself some space to come to terms with your loss.

SillyTilly
07-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Well done Luke. You've made a hard, but the best decision.

I think what you have done for Elsa makes you a better cat owner, not a failure. You've put Elsa's needs above your own - which is a very brave thing to do.

Olivia

dinahsmum
07-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Sad for you Luke, but you know you did the right thing.
Don't beat yourself up

LMC
07-07-2006, 03:15 PM
http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/images/smilies/yeahthat.gif to what Hreow, ST & DM said.

Obviously you're feeling a bit emotional about it at the moment - but I think it will be nice for you to get updates on how Elsa is getting along. Be nice to yourself.

Mags
07-07-2006, 03:42 PM
You are bound to miss Elsa, Luke but remember you made the sacrifice for her happiness.........the hurt will go in time....

Snoof
07-07-2006, 05:35 PM
I agree with everyone else...

Sweet
07-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Luke, ((((((hugs)))))) x

Fran
07-07-2006, 06:41 PM
Glad Elsa has settled in her new home Luke and so please she is recovering well from the speying :-)

MrsH
07-07-2006, 07:01 PM
How nice that she's settling in. Obviously you miss her but in time you'll be glad she is contented there.

Kay
07-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Luke do keep in touch with Elsa's new owners it does help in time. I had to rehome one of my persians, not something I usually do but Rosie was suffering and so too were the others. I kept in touch although it was very hard at first but I am glad I did because it does eventually hit home that you did the right thing. <<<<hugs>>>>

Booktigger
07-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Aww, poor you. i think in time keeping in touch will be a good thing for you, as you will be able to see you did the right thing. IT is a hard thing to do, but someone who can see that one of their animals needs a different lifestyle than what they can offer and does something to change it is a better, stronger person than the person who can see it, but insists that they can't bear to lose that animal.