PDA

View Full Version : Sillytilly, Sweet, others with experience of 2 kittens

dinahsmum
07-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Are yours incredibly noisy when the food is coming out? You would think mine are either being murdered or have not been fed for a week! :shock:
I've never known kittens being so loud or frantic, so I've put it down to competition between the two, to ensure they each get their grub.
btw - they are thriving - I'm not really starving them!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_1_25.gif

Fran
07-07-2006, 01:21 PM
I didn't have any experience like this when Claude and Clooney were babies :? Actually, I can't remember experiencing any competition between them at all, except for a place on my lap :-D

dinahsmum
07-07-2006, 01:27 PM
It's only a yowling competition Fran! They are good friends and both eat from the same dish often. Just really loud!

Fran
07-07-2006, 01:30 PM
They were very quiet as kittens. Clooney has now found his 'voice' since I have taught him to speak :-D but you very rarely hear a peep out of Claude. Infact, since Lucky went the house has become very quiet as she never shut up :roll:

SillyTilly
07-07-2006, 01:30 PM
my two are very quiet too. They're quiet kittens tho - I only get the occasional miaow from them. they do insist on eating out of the same bowl tho - duh! I have food down all the time, so all I'm doing really is topping up the bowl at food times - maybe that's the difference?

Olivia

Snoof
07-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Ninja and Sweep do that, when they're both together at dinner time (and the dry food's run out - Sweep doesn't care for wet food all that much).

It doesn't look like competition to me, though - more like ganging up :-D :lol:

dinahsmum
07-07-2006, 01:33 PM
It doesn't look like competition to me, though - more like ganging up :-D :lol:

mm - maybe! :)

Moggz
07-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Saturnalia and Solstice both seem to have a penchant for screaming the house down, for food, for fuss, to come out of their cage and play, for any reason they feel like - problem is - it sets off a few of my other cats - so we end up with a chorus going

Sweet
07-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Vincent and Mabel dash around through the day - but at meal times seem quiet, they eat from the same bowl, wet and dry on a morning then wet and dry on an evening, they always have dry down to munch x

borderdawn
07-07-2006, 05:48 PM
You want to hear my Persian!!! No, let me rephrase that, you DO NOT want to hear my Persian!!
Dawn.

Sweet
07-07-2006, 05:58 PM
That loud eh? LOL x

borderdawn
07-07-2006, 06:12 PM
That loud eh? LOL x
You have no idea :D
Dawn.

Kay
07-07-2006, 07:18 PM
Try living with 9 of them then. It is very very loud but I would n't want it any other way.

MrsH
07-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Now that Jason & Molly are 9 months old they've quietened down a bit, but they used to have competitive shouting matches every meal-time earlier on.
I don't know whether or not each was trying to influence us into giving them more food than the other but it was actually quite entertaining!

random
07-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Are yours incredibly noisy when the food is coming out? You would think mine are either being murdered or have not been fed for a week! :shock:
I've never known kittens being so loud or frantic, so I've put it down to competition between the two, to ensure they each get their grub.
btw - they are thriving - I'm not really starving them!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_1_25.gif
Kiara and Vitaani are mad when it's dinnertime, the new babies don't mind so much (yet!) but the older girls have always pushed and shoved for their food, I have to shut them out the room now while I dish out, it's madness! Like they've never seen food before (still on 4 times a day! :roll: :lol: )