PDA

View Full Version : Poor Fluffy has been in the vets overnight.

smithdouglaswood
05-07-2006, 09:51 PM
Had an emergency call to the vets last night as Fluffy was really off colour, refusing to eat or drink and just hiding away and very hot, when she went to her tray she just stood and urinated over the side which was definetly not her.

So panic call to the vets and rushed her down to the vets where her temperature was 107 and she was very poorly, diagnosis mastitus. The vet administered some strong antibiotics and anti-inflamitories and requested that she keep her in overnight. A while later the vet phoned to say that her temperature had come down a little but she felt that it might be better to put her on a drip which she did with not bother from Fluffy. This appeared to help as within another hour her temperature was down a good bit.

Fluffy stayed on the drip all day, she had a little to eat and drink during the night but lay still all day, poor little mite. Anyway we picked her up at teatime still very quiet as we talk but she has been through a lot in her 5 days with us, hopefully this will all get better before the weekend, she is back to the vets on Friday unless of course she stays off colour then she will be straight back down.

Here's hoping for her speedy recovery as she has been doing so well.

Angie and the gang

Mags
05-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Oh.... that must have been so worrying for you:(

I'm so glad Fluffy is back home with you again and wish her a speedy recovery.........

Please let us know how she gets on.......

Fran
05-07-2006, 10:06 PM
What a worry :( Mastitis can be really serious :( I really hope she starts to pick up very quickly x

Moli
05-07-2006, 11:12 PM
Hope she is feeling better soon....

MrsH
05-07-2006, 11:13 PM
What a distrressing time for you. Glad things are looking a lot better & hope Fluffy continues making progress.

Kim
05-07-2006, 11:33 PM
What a worrying time for you. Hope Fluffy is soon back to complete health.

smithdouglaswood
05-07-2006, 11:53 PM
Unfortunately Fluffy is back in the vets tonight for another overnight stay as she was just far from being right, she appeared a lot happier when we brought her home, had a little to eat and drink and then she just lay quietly.

I left her for another 3 hours back and forward to her but she was too quiet, hardly lifting her head and very very quiet. When I phoned the vet she asked if she could see her again just to check her over and thought as I was working all day tomorrow that it would be better for Fluffy to stay there so they could monitor her as they think that she is still in pain, and also her mastitis is still a little cause for concern.

So I just feel very upset and worried for my poor little girl, hopefully there will be a big improvement tomorrow.

Angie and the gang

Mags
05-07-2006, 11:57 PM
I do hope Fluffy will be alright Angie.....she is in the best place.....

smithdouglaswood
06-07-2006, 12:02 AM
Thanks Mags I know, but you still have to worry even although I've just had her a short time I miss her and am willing her well.

Angie and the gang

dinahsmum
06-07-2006, 08:33 AM
Poor little Fluffy. How lucky she is to have you caring for her. My old girl was v poorly recently but the vet care, including lots of rehydration, sorted her out. Fluffy will be OK I'm sure. Take care, try not to worry.

Hreow
06-07-2006, 09:32 AM
Poor wee Fluff. :-( Of course you worry! but you got her to the vet when she needed to, and she'll have every chance of pulling through and quickly again being the same happy Fluffy you fell in love with.

yola
06-07-2006, 10:27 AM
Oh poor little Fluffy!!!!

I've just been through the same (cat at vets for emergency treatment) so I know the worry and distress that you're experiencing :(

She's in the best hands . . . and as you say, she can be monitored by experts where she is. Hugs to you and to Fluffy.

Sweet
06-07-2006, 10:37 AM
Get Well Soon Fluffy - big ((((((hugs)))))) x

Donna
06-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Get well soon Fluffy x

smithdouglaswood
06-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Got Fluffy back at 6pm tonight, much brighter vets said that they have given her another anti-inflammory injection along with the anti-biotics and it seems to be helping her a lot as she is more like herself.

The vet said as well that in all his years of practice this was his second case of mastitis in a cat (have used him for 16 years!), just my luck!!

Anyway she has to go back tomorrow night to get another check up, and hopefully she will be very much improved.

Angie and the gang

dinahsmum
06-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Hope Fluffy has a good night's sleep and is fit and fine in the morning.
Glad she's home

Fran
06-07-2006, 08:14 PM
The vet said as well that in all his years of practice this was his second case of mastitis in a cat (have used him for 16 years!), just my luck!!

Angie and the gang

My cat had mastitis quite recently although no where near as serious as yours by the sound of it.

Really hope she makes a full recovery quickly. Glad she is home with you

DiddyDawn
07-07-2006, 01:26 AM
So pleased she's improved.

smithdouglaswood
07-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Fluffy was back to the vets tonight, and there were parts of her tummy open with puss coming out in fact quite a lot of puss. The vet was not surprised and said not to worry as it has got to get worse before it gets better!!

She was a little upset, but coped really well getting all cleaned up, and poor girl had put up with me this morning putting cold cloths on her tummy and giving is a massage, she is a little gem.

Well she had more injections and her temperature taken on top of things and on the temperature front it is staying stable so that is good.

So I will be busy later trying to get some more puss out and giving Fluffy lots of cuddles.

Back to the vets in the morning.

Angie and the gang.

Fran
07-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Her condition sounds quite stable :-) Hope she continues to do well x

Mags
07-07-2006, 08:39 PM
I hope Fluffy gets better soon.......

MrsH
07-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Her temperature is stable, so that sounds really good. She's a good girl putting up so well with all that yucky stuff being cleaned away. Get well soon Fluffy!

smithdouglaswood
09-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Fluffy has been to the vet over the weekend and things turning around for the better now the biggest majority of the poison is out, but unfortunately as the vet advised she now has a hole. We already have the appointment for tomorrow morning and more than likely Fluffy will be taken in, her wound cleaned etc and stitched! Although she has had all of this she has been more like her old self, eating well and enjoying lots of cuddles.

Well I suppose things can only get better! The holiday fund is getting smaller!

Angie and the gang

Donna
09-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Glad Fluffy seems to be making progress x

Fran
09-07-2006, 09:35 PM
I'm glad Fluffy's condition is improving! Hope all goes well at the vet's tomorrow :-)

dinahsmum
10-07-2006, 08:14 AM
Poor Fluffy - she's really going through it, isn't she?

MrsH
10-07-2006, 05:17 PM
How did Fluffy get on at the vet's this morning?

smithdouglaswood
10-07-2006, 09:21 PM
Fluffy was kept in the vets today and sedated to get the wounds flushed etc, as a second hole appeared and there was quite a lot to be cleaned up.

We collected her late afternoon and she is a little quiet but has eaten and been made a fuss of. I have to put ointment into the holes and give her anti-biotics and take her back on Thursday.

They decided it was too early to stitch and thought it better to try the ointment as cats heal quickly. We are back to the vets on Thursday, so fingers crossed !

She also had a little visit out of her room this morning - so that's all good as well!

Anyway it will be beans on toast for a while.

Angie and the gang

Mags
10-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Sending cuddles to Fluffy!:D

Fran
10-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Fingers crossed all goes well x