PDA

View Full Version : Not so cute at 3am!

SillyTilly
04-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Bright-water and Lightning have worked out that they are allowed in my bedroom and on my bed. Yay I think - something to cuddle as I go to sleep.

All was well until 2.30am when they decided it was PLAY TIME! And I was a first class climbing frame.

Never mind I think - it'll only last 5 mins then they'll go back to sleep.

Over an hour later I finally loose the plot and they got banished to the hall!!!

I may have to rethink my cats in the bedroom policy....

Mags
04-07-2006, 08:39 PM
:lol::lol::lol:.....you're learning!!!

Moli
04-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Didn't you know, night time is kittens playing time...:roll: :lol:

Fran
04-07-2006, 08:48 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Don't you just love 'em?! :-D

CJK
04-07-2006, 08:50 PM
i must have alisha wel trained then! she sleeps curled right up next to me most of the night, jumps off bed to use litter tray or crunch some dry food (rahter loudly at times) or for water, then juumps right back on.
Occasioanlly get her little claws in my butt, but mostly she sleeps

random
04-07-2006, 09:13 PM

Mine all sleep in my room and they do play but I don't mind, :-D I think i'm mad :lol:

whiskey
04-07-2006, 09:27 PM
i used to let mine sleep in the bedroom but that soon changed when they all get at it you have cats charging everywhere running over my head at 4 in the morning or sticking there claws in my nose or nipping my arm trying to wake me was not good but it was kind of funny to start off with:D :D :D

CathyW
04-07-2006, 09:56 PM
mine start off in the bedroom, then get banished to the hallway, but about 2am i let them back in, they decide to curl up n sleep. ronnie on the window sill, and reggie next to me.:D

Donna
04-07-2006, 09:59 PM
Mine used to wake me up when they were kittens, but more cos I was sleeping so lightly as I was nervous of them landing on my head!! Now I am used to them I can sleep through their nightime activities!!

Jac
04-07-2006, 10:00 PM

easpcially up and down the staircase

Moggz
05-07-2006, 12:01 AM
Mine sleep where they chose too, at the moment the favourite place is the kitchen floor - as its terracotta tiles they stay very cool.

but they usually sleep in the bedroom, and while I only sleep a maximum of 5 hours usually, some points during that time hurricanes can pass, earthquakes can fracture the building I'm in and.....kittens can draw blood chewing my fingers (I say kittens - it could be cats)!!

Its happened about 6 times now - I'm not sure if I should be worried

LMC
05-07-2006, 09:23 AM
Mine were "trained" about bedroom behaviour quite simply: if they are quiet and still they can stay on the bed. The minute they start bouncing, they get the boot! - I just push them gently off the bed with whichever hand or foot is nearest. And no toys in the bedroom - I have a laminate floor and can't cope with little claws skittering around at 2 am!

They soon learned :D

In nearly 12 years, still haven't managed to persuade Jenny that the pillow is OFF LIMITS though - always have to move her before she settles for the night.

What is cute in a kitten can get a bit boring or even painful in an adult cat. My girls are spoiled in some ways - but well-disciplined in others: they don't make a habit of begging for food off my plate (they do occasionally, but I *never* give in). Start as you mean to go on and be consistent - even if it does feel a bit hard-hearted, you'll get far more pleasure out of your babies in the long run.

SillyTilly
05-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Well I cheated last night and took a tamazepan - so I have no idea what the kittens got up to, but I slept right through it! Bliss

:D

Olivia

Sweet
05-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Awww bless those little kitties, mine have ventured upstairs during the day, but as yet not at night - Violet tends to sleep on my bed, and Mau Mau at the top of the stairs x