PDA

View Full Version : I'll be helping my local cpl :-)

CJK
01-07-2006, 09:59 AM
I emailed my local CPL in the week, and got a reply today.
they seem lovely. Theyre doing a sponsored walk tomorrow, and asked If iwanted to go along with the kids, and even offered to organise a lift, which I thought very nice.

Had i NOT had shingels i would go. Also invited me to their meeting tuesday, sadly I cant go as it's 7.30-9.30pm, I dont have any evening childcare and also have shingels (lol)

So what theyve said i can helpw ith are any or some of these:

emails (said yes more than happy to)
Helpline ( said yes again)
home visiting officer ( said yes if they tell me what to do lol)

they said they always need huge boosts to fundraising, so maybe i can help out at the towns fete's or events CPL organise etc.

Fostering, not sure about. As they have said although the cat cabins are wonderfull therye very costly to the cpl, and they asked if i have a small spare room, which I don't.

But at least there are things I CAN do to help out.

yola
01-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Well done CJ!!! It's a fantastic thing to be involved in and there are a million and one things that can be done to fundraise . . . from the day-to-day to the extra-special!!!

I'm sure you'll have fun - one thing however, homevisits usually involve going out in the evenings (to visit people who work during the day) and also mean you usually need a car as obviously you need to get to the houses.

If you're at home a lot, you can also volunteer to be a 'duty officer' which is someone who answers calls on behalf of CP and deals with queries from members of the public. But maybe reading your post again that's what the 'helpline' is??

Enjoy your new and very worthwhile activity!!! :-D

CJK
01-07-2006, 11:26 AM
I dont have any more infromation of what the helpline is at the moment. havent spoken to anyone on the phone yet, so i guess will know more then.

Anything I can do to help will be good, gives me something to do too, and makes me feel a bit more usefull than just sitting around doing not much with most of my time

Kay
01-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Congratulations Carly. I know you will really enjoy that.

Mags
01-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Well done CJ!!

Sweet
01-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Well Done Carly x

Nicola
03-07-2006, 01:32 PM
Would be great to help out with home checks etc.. but I can't drive.:( Well done you for helping:D

Moli
03-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Well done you!!!Just don't go slipping any kittens in your pocket!;)

CJK
03-07-2006, 01:53 PM
now would i do that Moli? lol

soon as i am better there will be two cpl members coming around to chat and see exactly what i can and cant do for them. Will be good.

Nicola
03-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Do you have to have a police check? When I signed up to help with a charity I had to have a police check.

CJK
03-07-2006, 02:02 PM
I dont know, but there will be no problem there, as you get regular police checks being a nurse, and I ahvent ever been in trouble :-)

Nicola
03-07-2006, 02:03 PM
No me neither:) Just wondered:)

Fran
03-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Well done Carly!! let us know how it all goes

CJK
04-07-2006, 07:25 AM
will do, soon as i am germ free! lol ( am i ever actually germ free????)