29-06-2006, 11:37 AM
First flower came out this morning!:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/molidoodle/me/DSC04045.jpg

Mags
29-06-2006, 11:41 AM
Beautiful Moli.......are they mixed colours?:D

Moli
29-06-2006, 11:43 AM
Beautiful Moli.......are they mixed colours?:DTBH Mags, I can't remember, I got the seeds free with a gardening mag....They must be though, be interesting to see what colour comes out next...:D Hope I have some blue ones like yours...;)My flowers are not as big as yours though..What you been feeding them!:?

CJK
29-06-2006, 11:44 AM
oh what a lovely colour.

Wont tell you what we call morning glory in this house!!!!! ( but it isnt a flower!)

Jac
29-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Stop showing off!!!!!!! Lovely colour:D

Ill post some piccs of my weeds soon. Diffrent shades of green

Moli
29-06-2006, 11:45 AM
oh what a lovely colour.

Wont tell you what we call morning glory in this house!!!!! ( but it isnt a flower!):lol: :lol: :lol: Dare I ask??:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jac
29-06-2006, 11:46 AM
Most def not I hate to think but the wee voices told me;)

do you want to see my weeds?

CJK
29-06-2006, 11:47 AM
you can ask, but you might be shocked lol.

When hubby stays here he sleeps naked (oooh now I'm letting out all our secrets lol) and when he runs through to te bathroom to get dressed before the kids "see" him ryan yells "look mum theres dad in all his morning glory"

CJK
29-06-2006, 11:47 AM
edited-dupliacted post

(second time today)

Moli
29-06-2006, 11:51 AM

When hubby stays here he sleeps naked (oooh now I'm letting out all our secrets lol) and when he runs through to te bathroom to get dressed before the kids "see" him ryan yells "look mum theres dad in all his morning glory":shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jac
29-06-2006, 11:52 AM
:smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 my daughter says her daddy has a sausage stuck to his bum:oops: :oops: :oops:

CJK
29-06-2006, 11:54 AM
:smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 my daughter says her daddy has a sausage stuck to his bum:oops: :oops: :oops:

LMAO

First time ryan saw my hubby (before we were married) in the shower he stood there and shouted " mummy why has mat got such a big willy"
You should have seen him go red, but not as red as when later that day my hubby's parents arrived and ryan asked them the same thing!

he was only 4 though!

Anyway......back to the flowers lol

Mags
29-06-2006, 12:05 PM

When hubby stays here he sleeps naked (oooh now I'm letting out all our secrets lol) and when he runs through to te bathroom to get dressed before the kids "see" him ryan yells "look mum theres dad in all his morning glory"
:smt005:smt005:smt005:smt005:smt005

Mags
29-06-2006, 12:07 PM
TBH Mags, I can't remember, I got the seeds free with a gardening mag....They must be though, be interesting to see what colour comes out next...:D Hope I have some blue ones like yours...;)My flowers are not as big as yours though..What you been feeding them!:?
I have 2 plants that have blue flowers so far......it will be interesting to see if the others produce different colours!:D

I have watered them regularly and given them a Miracle Gro feed once......;)

Jac
29-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Miracle Gro is great stuff. I use it all the time.

Tell you what else is good. When you do a water change on your fish tank. Use the "dirty" water to feed your plants. Even house plants, they thrive.

Moli
29-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Miracle Gro is great stuff. I use it all the time.

Tell you what else is good. When you do a water change on your fish tank. Use the "dirty" water to feed your plants. Even house plants, they thrive.When we cleared our fish pond, it was a sludge, we put it on the garden and boy did those plants grow!!Bit smelly for a while though!!

Moli
29-06-2006, 12:19 PM
I have 2 plants that have blue flowers so far......it will be interesting to see if the others produce different colours!:D

I have watered them regularly and given them a Miracle Gro feed once......;)I doubt I am not feeding mine enough...Will give them a good feed later...;)

CJK
29-06-2006, 12:27 PM
I havent fed my plants at all!! never do.

maybe thats why they dont do so well!

Fran
29-06-2006, 03:58 PM
That's really beautiful Moli! Does the same plant produce different coloured flowers then? I can't for the life of me get hold of any Morning glory. The garden centres say they have had it but don't have any left :( not sure I want to start growing from seed..

Moli
29-06-2006, 06:07 PM
That's really beautiful Moli! Does the same plant produce different coloured flowers then? I can't for the life of me get hold of any Morning glory. The garden centres say they have had it but don't have any left :( not sure I want to start growing from seed..I think I had a mixture of seed PK, can't remember what it said on the packet, I have never seen the annual for sale in the garden centres, although I did see a hardy one the other day, first time I have seen one...

dandysmom
29-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Fran, no, each plant blooms only in its own color. They take 7 to 30 days to germinate, may not be too late to start from seed if you want to give it a try...what's your average frost date there? Seeds need pre-soaking.

Moli
29-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Do you know anything about the hardy Morning Glory DM???

dandysmom
30-06-2006, 12:05 AM
Sorry, never heard of it! Will Google...

dandysmom
30-06-2006, 02:38 AM
Only thing I could find was the bush morning glory, Ipomoea leptophylla, which is a hardy perennial native to the western United States. Frankly, it didn't sound particularly attractive!! I like the old favorites like Heavenly Blue, Scarlett O'Hara, Flying Saucers. Sorry this wasn't much help.

Moli
30-06-2006, 09:16 PM
Only thing I could find was the bush morning glory, Ipomoea leptophylla, which is a hardy perennial native to the western United States. Frankly, it didn't sound particularly attractive!! I like the old favorites like Heavenly Blue, Scarlett O'Hara, Flying Saucers. Sorry this wasn't much help.I saw a Morning Glory climber at our local nursery, can't remember what it is called ...I will go in next week and have a look..:D