PDA

View Full Version : No poo yet - worried

SillyTilly
29-06-2006, 11:02 AM
My boys have been here since 3pm yesterday. But they've not done a poo yet. SHould I be worried?

They've eaten three meals, drunk water and have been pee-ing in their litter tray.

Help!

Olivia

CJK
29-06-2006, 11:57 AM
right,
iw as the same when we got Alisha, saturday early evening she arrived, monday morning no poop.

Take a look BEHIND some furniture, or in cupbaords, you might well find some there¬!
we caught alisha going behind the tv corner unit!!!!

LMC
29-06-2006, 11:57 AM
Could just be the stress of moving!

One of my adult rescue cats didn't move her bowels for three days after I brought her home - I was searching the house in case she had gone somewhere else :sick: - but she was fine.

As your two are just babbies, call the vet if there's nothing by first thing tomorrow, but I wouldn't mind betting that they'll "produce" before then :) (oh, search the house first tho' - just in case!)

SillyTilly
29-06-2006, 01:41 PM
YAY we have poo!!!!!

Never been so pleased to see some poop in my life!!! Only Bright - water so far, but I'm hoping Lightning will follow his lead soon.

Olivia

Hreow
29-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Rover took his time as well. Check the dark corners as suggested, and if nothing there and they stay happy in themselves, leave it for a couple of days. If they go off their food, water or weeing, look listless - vet time on the double.

Congratulations! May many more follow in due time and consistency. :grin:

SillyTilly
29-06-2006, 07:30 PM
hurah - Lightnings joined it too!

Never been this obsessed with bowel movements in my life!

Olivia

dandysmom
29-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Did they use the litter tray? Good if they did, means they know what it's for! It was probably the stress of relocating that held things up,,,hope all will be normal now:D

SillyTilly
29-06-2006, 09:06 PM
yep lovely firm poops in the litter tray. Clever kittens :D

Kay
30-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Well done Bright-water and Lightning.

Mags
30-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Well done kitties......can't have your new Mom worrying!!:lol:

Sweet
01-07-2006, 04:38 PM
I know what you mean......Mabel was first and Vincent followed the next day, I too was never so excited about a poo in the litter tray LOL - dancing around the room ! x