PDA

View Full Version : alisha is hurt

CJK
28-06-2006, 11:19 AM
I cant stop long and please forgive any typos.
I jsut notice alisha wont walk on her back right apw. i taken a look and can feel a boney lump inteher

Im off to vets, they'lls ee her right away

i am worried sick about her, I am in tears ,literally, feeling sick.
She isnt meowing unless i touch it

back soon

Fran
28-06-2006, 11:22 AM
Fingers crossed Carly. Hope it's nothing too serious {{{Hugs}}} let us know how she is when you get back from the vets x

Jac
28-06-2006, 11:39 AM
Oh Hugs ((((())) has she fallen off something? Keeping my fingers crossed for her and you.

Moli
28-06-2006, 11:41 AM
"Hug"s...Hope she is ok CJ, let us know when you get back...

yola
28-06-2006, 11:48 AM
CJ - I'll be watching this space . . . hopefully it's nothing to worry about.

smudgley
28-06-2006, 11:49 AM
Oh no CJ - hurry back & let us know that little bundle of fluff is ok. :(

CJK
28-06-2006, 12:23 PM
she having an x-ray. i going back after they re-open from lucnh, although they said they'll look after her and sort her out over thier lunch time.....

Talk of possible fracture.... just came back to get elliota clean botty and get some fluids on board.

Sorry cant say more noiw, feeling very shakey and sick, poor baby. I had no diea she was hurt. She was laying down since I got back from the school run at 9.15 am

vet said it quite common for kittens to fall off things at this age..

more soon as i know

dinahsmum
28-06-2006, 12:54 PM
:shock:
Hope she'll be OK

yola
28-06-2006, 01:05 PM
CJ - please don't wind yourself up too much until you know exactly what's up. And whatever you do, DON'T blame yourself. I 'know it's a massive worry but she's in the best of hands for the next few hours.

Lots of good wishes heading Alisha's way.

Hugs to you too.

whiskey
28-06-2006, 01:24 PM
she`s in the best hands and they`ll make her good again lots of hugs and kisses sent to alisha:D :D :D :D :D

CJK
28-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Well, panick over.
She hasnt broken or fractured anything.

The vet we saw this morning was a newly qualified vet, who saught a second opinion when the afternoon's vet came into work. The second vet found an abcess on her leg.
They apologised for all the worry, said there was no need for an x-ray.

theyve cleaned up her leg, and I have synulox syrup to give her.
Vet said it possbile she had the intital injury before we even got her, as i said I havent seen any of my cats biting her or being unfriendly. NOT that they might not have done of course.

Just a massive relief that she is ok, and back getting her cuddles (am typing with one hand lol)

thanks for the well wishes everyone, I just got so very wroreid about her bless her.
She just had her lunch is settling down for a nap

Moli
28-06-2006, 01:48 PM
What a relief for you CJ, glad she is ok, give her a big cuddle from me...:D

CJK
28-06-2006, 01:49 PM
told her aunty moli sends cuddles, she pricked one ear up then went back to sleep lol!!

Hreow
28-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Kittens... Into everything, falling off things, desperately asking to be traded for a nice hamster... :grin:
Glad it was nothing serious. Have an extra long feet-up with a nice cuppa for the shock.

Mags
28-06-2006, 01:57 PM
Hope Alisha is alright CJ...... easier said than done but try not too worry too much.....((((hugs))))

CJK
28-06-2006, 01:58 PM
Feet up? Feet what? whats that?????

I got a rather snotty elliot to deal with lol, a rahter hyperactive snotty elliot i should say.
I will actually have that cuppa in a moment though, not had one at all today so far!

We did have a hamster until 3 months ago. She loved everybody, BUT me, i was the only person she bit, and she bit me everytime I put my hand near her lol.
Much prefer cats to hamsters, maybe stems from when I was three and my brother sewed the pet hamster into my pillow case, frightened the life out of me when i went to bed!

Mags
28-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Just seen your last post.....so pleased it is nothing too serious CJ....

Extra cuddles to Alisha from me!:D

CJK
28-06-2006, 01:59 PM
thanks mags, she walked on it a little when we got home, so it must be feeling better. The vet tells me abcesses clear up well with antibitotics.

Thank god it was nothing worse!

yola
28-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Big 'phew' all around I think :D

Delighted it's nothing too serious. Scritches to Alisha and a big scotch for you ;)

CJK
28-06-2006, 02:04 PM
yueeeek I dont touch scotch!!!! the slightest teeeeniest dribble and I am physically sick!!
I'll take a double black russain though lol.

Thanks yola, It was A HUGE relief, i got so worked up about her, worrying what had i done wrong, what was wrong, was it my fault etc.

babies eh! into everything

Moli
28-06-2006, 02:15 PM
The joys of owning cats CJ, they take it in turns who will be next at the vets..!:roll: :lol:

Fran
28-06-2006, 02:58 PM
So pleased that she is ok Carly! Special hugs to her from me {{{Hugs}}} x

Sweet
28-06-2006, 04:00 PM
Carly, I have been out all day and just seen the thread, so relieved that Alisha is ok and just needing the antibiotics, give her tons of huggles from me and look after yourself and the boys too x x x

CJK
28-06-2006, 04:11 PM
thanks fran

thanks sweet, I will look after us all. im just having another cuppa and sitting with feet up (for once) relaxing while kids eat tea

SillyTilly
28-06-2006, 04:50 PM
REALLY pleased it's nothing serious. But ouchy abcess poor little Alisha!

Olivia

Kay
28-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Glad Alisha is ok the antiboiotics should kick in quickly. It might be an idea to bathe the abcess and the area around it with cooled boiled water mixed with bicarbonate of soda. It is an excellent cleanser and healer.

CJK
28-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Not heard of the bicarb, but having been given lots of good advice from Aunty kay that has worked I'll give it a go.
I was using can of sterile saline spray I have left over from after my c section with elliot!

CJK
28-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Just batherd her leg again in what I have at the moment (no bicarb as I'm not much of a cook)

It kinds looks worse than it did this morning, this morning you couldnt see anything, now you can see a hole where the abcess obviously was. She wasnt happy about me bathing it, I just kinda dribbled the saline over it.

BUT she just played for the first time today, so it must be feeling a little less sore for her

Hreow
28-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Abcesses tend to heal quite quickly once the ick is out. Just keep an eye on her that she doesn't fret it too much, and she'll be back to bouncy in no time.

CJK
28-06-2006, 07:20 PM
thanks Hreow. I am new to the world of cat abcesses! Seen plenty of human ones mind you lol.
She has only been seen washing it once, and is leaving it alone the rest of the time.

And I'm just fretting and worrying arent i now!?!?!

Hreow
28-06-2006, 07:58 PM
Yes. :-) ..

Jac
28-06-2006, 08:15 PM
So glad it's nothing really bad (say's me with an absess in my mouth) phew they are sore though. Poor wee soul, glad she's now on the mend CJ.

dandysmom
28-06-2006, 08:43 PM
Just found this Carly; so glad it wasn't more serious! Poor wee girlie, give her a nice big hug for me (and one for you too!)

CJK
28-06-2006, 09:20 PM
she's asleep between my feet right now, so i darent move.
Just have to sit on the pc until she wakes up wont i!

sweetmimi
28-06-2006, 10:17 PM
aww bless her I just caught up with this thread Bathing in bi-carb is very soothing they bathed me in that years ago when I had lots of stitches on the birth of my first child,

CJK
28-06-2006, 10:21 PM
i'll have to buy some bicarb tomorrow. I know, all good cooks should have bicarb! but I dont lol