PDA

View Full Version : Fluffy is coming home on Friday.

smithdouglaswood
27-06-2006, 10:29 PM
Have not been on the site for a little while with one thing or another.

Although in between times have been falling for a stray cat that a friend had trapped and then found that she had kittens. Anyway she thought that Fluffy was a feral and she turned out to be a stray.

I only went up in the first place to find out about fostering and was introduced to Fluffy and the kittens and fell instantly in love with her, she is just so friendly and loving. Have been up a few times with the oh and the kids and we just can't wait to get her home and settled in with the rest of the gang.

I am sure that it will be very strange for her, especially the dogs but they are very good and given the time and love that she deserves she will be fine.

What more can I say!

Angie and the gang

Mags
27-06-2006, 10:34 PM
That is so nice.....another unfortunate cat has found a loving home....well done!!:D

Fran
27-06-2006, 11:01 PM
Congratulations on your forthcoming new arrival!! Can't wait to hear more about Fluffy and hopefully seeing some piccies ;)

Sweet
27-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Great news x

Moli
27-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Brilliant! Looking forward to hearing about Fluffy and seeing some pictures....

Naomi
28-06-2006, 08:16 AM
That's such fab news

Rosie
28-06-2006, 09:03 AM
Oh goody someone else getting their cat/kitten before me (and with dogs) so I can pick your brains. My little Huey arrives on the 8 July.

dinahsmum
28-06-2006, 09:08 AM
Lucky Fluffy!

(Rosie - my babies are 10 weeks now and I have had them for 3 weeks. I'll help all I can. July 8 is my wedding anniversary - what an auspicious date to get Huey. And I loooove his name!)

(Sorry SDW - nearly highjacked your thread)

Will say again - Welcome home Fluffy!

Snoof
28-06-2006, 02:58 PM
Welcome home, Fluffy!

smithdouglaswood
30-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Well Fluffy has arrived, very quiet about the affair as she has just left her kittens! Poor girl is in hiding at the moment but it is all new as prior to the litter she has just left, she did have another litter at Xmas time! So this poor little thing has been a stray for a good while.

We had everything ready for her and by chance the dogs are away until tomorrow teatime (away having a trial run at the kennels!!).

Anyway I'm just glad Fluff's home, will have to chase up the camera situation!! (She is black and white with a very fluffy tail).

Angie and the gang

Hreow
30-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Let her find her feet and I'm sure there will be photo-oportunities. :-)

Mags
30-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Pleased to hear Fluffy has arrived.......it must be very strange, if not a bit frightening for her. Give her time and she will settle in well.......

dandysmom
30-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Bless her, once she settles in & is comfortable, she'll no doubt be very happy to have found a forever home! What sort of dogs have you, are they used to cats?

MrsH
30-06-2006, 09:09 PM
A lovely new beginning for Fluffy. She'll be very unsure of the dogs at first, although with her keen sense of smell she'll be aware that other animals live there as well, even if she can't see them at the moment. I'm sure she'll settle in well given time and lots of love.

smithdouglaswood
01-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Fluffy had a quiet night, she found a nice hiding place! She ate all her supper while it was quiet.

This morning she enjoyed her breakfast and loads of cuddles and kisses from me and the kids. The kids have been grooming her and spending lots of time with her which she is really enjoying.

The dogs I have are labradors and are used to cats but we will introduce them slowly when the time is right, although she does hear them as they are outside her door.

Poor Fluffy is having a nap while I'm typing a way, so I will presume that she is quite happy with the room service provided!

Angie and the gang

Fran
02-07-2006, 07:59 AM
So glad Fluffy is home with you now....looking forward to the piccies of her :cool:

Rosie
03-07-2006, 09:17 AM
Glad to hear Fluffy has arrived and I am very anxious to know whether she has seen the dogs yet or indeed have the dogs seen her and what is the reaction. How long do you intend keeping her in another room? Huey is arriving on Saturday and I have set up the spare room for him and intend to put a wire grill infront of the door so that he can see out and the dog and cat can see him. Is this a good idea?

smithdouglaswood
03-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Fluffy has seen the dogs not much reaction from her, but she does feel safe in her room, we leave the door open when the dogs are out but she just has a look and stays in her room.

Smokey gave her a very strange look when he seen her yesterday they he had a little hiss and put his back up and demanded out for a while, when he came back in he had a little sniff and then went for a sleep!

Fluffy hears the dogs when they are in but seems quite content in her room for now, we will give her plenty of time as she has lived for some months before her last lot of kittens as a stray, can't believe that someone would have abandoned her as she is just so loving and craves her attention!

Angie and the gang