PDA

View Full Version : my rescue cats

smudgley
26-06-2006, 09:51 PM
Apologies for the lack of photos recently.

Thought I'd update you all with my rescue cats I have in.

Lilly & her 4 kittens are still here. Lilly is getting spayed tomorrow & the kittens will be ready to go to their new homes in 1-2 weeks, although none of them have been reserved yet.

Charlie is still here, not been reserved although someone is interested in her & coming to see her. Charlies kittens have all gone.

Lucky is still here, she is going on Wednesday. 3 of her kittens have gone, but the girl is still here. However she has finally been reserved (after 2 people changed their mind on her):roll: & she will be going once the lady has been home checked.

Sky went yesterday - but had a big fight with the cat she's gone to live with when they were introduced. Biting the lady in the process when she tried to split them up. :( Lady lives opposite me & is really lovely, so not the best start for them, but they are going to try & reintroduce them, after she has settled in a little.
The torti kitten of Sky's went to a home but came back after 12 hours as she was timed...... :mad: I know, I know.... don't get me started, anyway she has now been reserved again, by a lovely lady - (she rehomed Belle & Smudge from me last year) but the lady currently has a bad chest infection & is not up to having her just yet. So I will keep her here for a couple of weeks, I do however have her in a pen in the house now.

Tomorrow I should be getting 2 new cats (coming in together)- don't know much about them, but will update with photos tomorrow.

Donna
26-06-2006, 09:56 PM
Lots of cats and stories.

Sad to hear of the lady who thought the tortie kitten was too timid. She didnt make much of an effort with her did she?

The biggest problem is not the cats - but the people that want to buy an all round singing and dancing cat and expect it to perform the minute they take it home.

Piccies would be good when you get the time Smudgley.

Moli
26-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Lovely they are all doing so well Smudgley, how can someone change their mind about a kitten, and to send one back because its timid...Doubt I wouldn't have any cats if I though like that, all mine were a bit timid when I first got them.....

Fran
26-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the update Smudgley...

What a shame about the tortie kitten :( Reallly hope it works out for her this time x

Mags
26-06-2006, 10:03 PM
What a shame about the tortie:( Having a timid kitten would be more appealing to me as I would get pleasure from seeing it gradually gaining more confidence.

Thanks for the update Smudgley!;)

smudgley
26-06-2006, 10:03 PM
The thing is, what made me annoyed is I knew this baby was timid & I had a lady waiting for a tortie who already had 3 cats (one of which she had from me) & I called her & told her about this kitten, & said she was timid, but at 9 weeks old was young enough to bring round easily enough - just needs time. They promised me they understood & would do whatever it took to settle her in. They took her away & they called the next day to say she hadn't settled & was frightened of their other cats. I talked them into giving her a chance & said I'd speak to them the following week. They agreed. Then half-hour later they called back to say they're bringing her back as she was hiding & wouldn't come out.:roll:
She's been moved from a home at 6 weeks old with her litter mates & mom. (when she was handed into the branch)
Been with me for 3 weeks, in that time had a visit to the vet, sprayed with flea control, worming product stuffed in her mouth, a needle stuck in her neck, a microchip needle stuck in her neck, a change of environment, change of owner, left her mommy & her sister & her brother & had 3 other cats to meet. Can't think why she'd be shy for the first 12 hours. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Moli
26-06-2006, 10:43 PM
Poor Baby, maybe she was mean't for someone else Smudgley.....I had a kitten once, who spent the first 2 weeks in the airing cupboard!!

Snoof
26-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Poor little girl :( You can always tell Ninja about her, Smudgley, I'm sure he'd be glad to bring her home...

Kazz
26-06-2006, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the updats sorry about the tortie kitten and the kitten turned dwn by two others how can you turn down a kitten :shock: unblievable - but hey better to be wanted than tolerated. Hope Sky settles in sure she will.

Can't say I look forward to seeing the new arrivals as it means they are unwanted but I have to say I am pleased they are with you,

Karen

Kazz
26-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Oh and pictures of Lily's kittens would be nice too to se if you can see anything but black splodges :roll: And of course Lily has a nice home to go to.

smudgley
27-06-2006, 07:41 AM
Yes I will get some pics Kazz.
I'm pleased with lillys kittens - they are really bold & outgoing.:cool:

Sweet
27-06-2006, 07:54 AM
Its lovely reading your updates Smudgley - I hope the little tortie finds a special loving home soon x

smudgley
27-06-2006, 08:05 AM
Its lovely reading your updates Smudgley - I hope the little tortie finds a special loving home soon x

Thanks Sweet. She has been reserved, but the lady who is having her is poorly - so is having her in 2 weeks (approx) - not ideal for the kitten I know - but the lady has a nasty chest infection. :(

CathyW
27-06-2006, 08:25 AM
smudgly u do a fantastic job well done.

dinahsmum
27-06-2006, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the updates!
Well done on past successes; good luck with future placements and
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_4_158.giftortie-refuser. I don't understand people! "This baby creature has been alive for 65 days, 10 of them blind, and it doesn't immediately do what I, who have been alive for 25, 35, 45 years, want/expect it to" Give me strength :roll: (and more importantly, give you strength, Smudgley)

smudgley
27-06-2006, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the updates!
Well done on past successes; good luck with future placements and
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_4_158.giftortie-refuser. I don't understand people! "This baby creature has been alive for 65 days, 10 of them blind, and it doesn't immediately do what I, who have been alive for 25, 35, 45 years, want/expect it to" Give me strength :roll: (and more importantly, give you strength, Smudgley)

:lol:
:lol:
:lol: .... Love that man DM.