PDA

View Full Version : MR darcy

CJK
24-06-2006, 12:20 PM
..has started on his garlic and fenugreek tablets today.

Not impressed with delivery time, taken just over two weeks.
But theyre here at last, so we'll see if they can help him out.

He tok it fairly ok, two a day as treatment and one a day as prophylatic.
So got him on two a day to start with.

Hope this works!

Kay
24-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Fingers crossed Carly.

CJK
24-06-2006, 12:41 PM
thanks, and thanks for the adivce on trying these kay

Mags
24-06-2006, 01:10 PM
I hope they help Mr Darcy, CJ........

Kay
24-06-2006, 02:33 PM
thanks, and thanks for the adivce on trying these kay

Not a problem. Hope they help.

CJK
24-06-2006, 04:13 PM
soemthing somewhere has got to help him!!! ANd right now I dont hold much hope with medical remedies so we're going natural!

( no i didnt say naturist!!!!)

candyshandy
24-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Hopefully these will sort him out. I have heard of this

http://http://www.thepetplace.co.uk/ShowDetails.asp?id=1951

- not sure if you've already tried it :?

yola
24-06-2006, 07:35 PM
and one a day as prophylatic.

I thought that was another word for condom :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Seriously Carly, I hope this does work for poor Mr Darcy. His allergies must be very uncomfortable for him. Bless :(

CJK
24-06-2006, 10:35 PM
he isnt too bad these days with his skin condition, dosnt scratch at it very much, but he does have shampoo for it and i got him some aloe vera gel to rub in, that seems to be helping, but anything else I can try I will if it'll help him out.

Kay
25-06-2006, 12:16 AM
Just a thought Carly but Angel had very itchy skin for a while. I changed her food to James Wellbeloved and everthing settled down. She is back on the Royal Canin now but the Fit not the Persian and she seems to have grown out of it. She would have been about the same age as Darcy.

Sweet
25-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Hope the tablets work x

CJK
26-06-2006, 08:00 AM
WELL, not holding my breathe so to speak, BUT
he only sneezed once yesterday and it wasnt as bad as usual.
Wether it be getting out in the fresh air mroe or the tablets I dont know. but we're keeping on with the tablets and see how we go!

CJK
27-06-2006, 06:51 PM
I am so pleased Kay told me about these tablets.
Mr darcy ahs had a COMPLETELY snot free day today.
His coat appears more shiney, and he hasnt even had a runny nose.
He has snorted a few times, as he used to when he did have a snotty nose, but there's no snot today!!!!
His eyes also havent been as weepy as usual.
So will be keeping him on these.
And shall make a point of telling my vet these did work, as she said she didnt belive in that herbal rubbish ( of course not when they can keep charging me over the hilt for remedies that weren't working)

Naomi
27-06-2006, 08:36 PM
That's great CJ! Must be such a relief for you and Mr Darcy, poor thing.

CJK
27-06-2006, 09:57 PM
it is a huge relief. to think we have tried many different modern medicines and failed to get a result. something as simple as this was all it has taken!

ladywerewolf
27-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Goodluck:)

ladywerewolf
27-06-2006, 10:28 PM
sorry only read the first mess than posted my previous reply, glad it is working:p

Fran
27-06-2006, 11:05 PM
Glad things are starting to sort themelves out for Mr Darcy :cool: Keep us informed!

Naomi
28-06-2006, 08:14 AM
Would love to see the vets face when you tell her that the tables are working on Mr Darcy.

Sometimes the herbal remedies are the best :D

CJK
28-06-2006, 08:22 AM
shame I dont have a hidden camera eh!

I cant wait to tell them. Her advice was not bother with herbal rubbish,and tot ake mr darcy back to the vets AGAIN. Yup, cos we spent almost £200 trying to sort this out already, not that it's a question of WHY we're spending that money, I'd pay anything to help my cats out. but to spend that much and get little progress is a little dissapointing and frustrating.

Am just glad he does seem to be getting better now.

Obviously I'll still go to my vets for emergancies and illnesses first, but I think i'll always try herbal remedies too.

yola
28-06-2006, 10:25 AM
CJ - there's a lot to be said for herbal remedies. My husband's 20 year problem with IBS seems to be rapidly disappearing due to a couple of visits to my herbalist . . . and she's helped me SO much with various bit and peices . . .

I'm so happy Mr.D is getting relief from his allergies at last - and phooey to the vet, I hate it when the medical profession get on their high horse about alternative therapies!!

CJK
28-06-2006, 10:36 AM
YOla, I must admit I was a bit of a sceptic before with herbal remedies etc.
But I am now a strong believer in trying natural remidies. For example I now swear by glucosamine for my arthritis, wouldnt live without it now.
And we ALL take a homeopathic hayfever remedy.
I also use a homeopathis remedy for my headaches now.

And have been looking into natural remedies for PCOS, IBS, ASthma, and all my other medical conditions.

Found out cinnamon can help my PCOS and diabetes by regualting sugar use, and omega oils can help PCOS. Worth a shot in my opinion!

SillyTilly
28-06-2006, 10:56 AM
I've just received a really interesting booklet on treating diseases through nutrition from Burns (www.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk (http://www.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk)) and it's had a lot to say on allergies/intolerences.

Even if you choose not to feed Burns I feel that this booklet had a very interesting perspective on this subject - and as it's free why not! I really recommend sending off for it.

Olivia

CJK
28-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Thanks ST, I wills end off for that. Like i say i'll do anything that can be of help to my furries, same as I would for my kids.

CJK
28-06-2006, 11:09 AM
wow! I just looked at the feeding cost of burns! Isnt that amazing.

I expected it to cost a lot, when in fact it would only cost me 10-11 p a day per cat to feed my lot on it!!

Having a good looka round the site now, some very interesteing facts ont here

CJK
28-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Have subscribed tot he newsletter, requested a sample and asked where my nearest stockist is. Think I will give this food a try. His thinking behind the food makes such good sense. And hopefully it can help Mr darcy's problems and generally keep all my cats fit and healthy

thanks for that link, appreciate that!

SillyTilly
28-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Glad it was of use :D

This is the document that had all the really interesting stuff in it
http://www.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk/Burns_health_guide_ebook2005.pdf

I'm hoping to get my kittens on Burns as soon as their tummies can cope. :D

Olivia