PDA

View Full Version : Did the CP Survey and saw two kittens??

Luz
22-06-2006, 04:16 PM
God the overwhelming feeling to have a quick look at the cats in my area needing homes after doing the CP survey was too much.
Poppy's been gone a month now so still miss her hell of a lot.
I saw these two kittens called Max & Thomas and have enquired about them.
Has anyone ever taken in two at a time? Is it wise will they bond with each other and not you?
I myself find queens to be more affectionate with me and toms with my oh. Whats your knowledge of this?
Sorry for all the questions.
Here's the link to the two kittens. Should I?
www.cats-protection-newcastle.co.uk/kittensforadoption (http://www.cats-protection-newcastle.co.uk/kittensforadoption)
if that doesnt work try this
http://www.cats-protection-newcastle.co.uk/kittensforadoption.htm

CJK
22-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Our fisrt two "lots2 of cats were both pairs, they were super, got on really well. Sadly one went missing and one was ts at 4 months old. But we have the other from each litter, and theyre brothers (one from fisrt litter one from second) they get on fine.

Most people will say cats are happier in pairs, especially if there are no other cats at home.

if you feel it is the right time to get another cat or two then go for it. And getting them from a rescue is excellent!

Hreow
22-06-2006, 04:23 PM
They will bond with each other *and* with you. Perhaps less than if you have a single kitten, but it is my belief that they will be happier as a pair. And you won't feel the way I do when I leave Rover alone for four hours... (He sleeps, I'm being silly, but I would have loved to have had two.)

Snoof
22-06-2006, 06:48 PM
They'll do both, which is great for them.

We have two male cats, and Ninja is mostly bonded to me. He's not so scared of Matt anymore, but he's very much my lad. Sweep seems fonder of Matt. I suspect it may change and Sweep will become more of a "family" cat (he's already on the way) as he becomes more comfortable, but I don't think the sex of the cat has much to do with it. I have mostly had male cats, and all of them bonded more to me than anyone else (as I spent the most time with them; the first bonded more to my brother, then jumped to me when my brother died).

dinahsmum
23-06-2006, 08:26 AM
Yes! I have two who are now 9-10 weeks. I've had them for 2+ weeks. My OH and I look at each other as the kits play, cuddle, eat, explore, whatever, together and say 'what on earth would one poor kitten do if it was on its own?'
We love having two together and don't feel we are missing out on cuddles etc.
Personally I like toms, but I think it is a purley personal (purrsonal?:roll: ) choice.

Luz
23-06-2006, 08:42 AM
Thanks for your replies, how lovely your two are DM, did you feel it the right thing to do after losing Tizzy?
I have 3 cats already and am at home all day and love having lots of animals around me, I had thought 1 would be okay but was unsure about 5. Im not sure it will be any different as had 4 before I lost Poppy. I have a friend who has 7 but she doesnt have dogs as I do, which I breed.
Giving it a lot of thought before I rush into a decision.

Hreow
23-06-2006, 08:44 AM
True. You never know which is the "cat too many". It varies so much with the resident cats, the space and the general lay-out, doesn't it?

dinahsmum
23-06-2006, 08:48 AM
I'd swithered about another cat/s for about 4 months, last autumn, and finally made a decision to get 2 maybe last Oct/Nov. Despite being fairly open about what I wanted, other than boys one of whom had to be ginger, and being prepared to travel a bit to find/collect, I couldn't find any suitable kittens. My two were born within a week of Tizzie dying - almost spooky. Being left just with one middle aged - elderly girl made me even more sure that 2 babies was best, and I'm certain of that now - she would hate one fussing round her but copes with sideswipes from the boys as they canter past! Like you we were a bit unsure about numbers, and if we still had Tizz we would be up to 4, which I would be a little 'iffy' about.
Good luck if you do decide to get a pair. It is sooooooooo much fun!

Sweet
23-06-2006, 09:32 AM
I am getting Vincent - whome I had named before I had even seen him in the flesh and I am hoping (fingers crossed) to be able to have his sister x

Luz
23-06-2006, 10:00 AM
I am getting Vincent - whome I had named before I had even seen him in the flesh and I am hoping (fingers crossed) to be able to have his sister x
Love the name and best of luck, I dont think theres any better feeling than getting a new baby and having two sounds like heaven.:D