PDA

View Full Version : Another Show Brag...SORRY!!!

Kay
21-06-2006, 03:28 PM
Cory had his first adult show on Saturday and did really well. He was placed in all of his four classes getting 2 x firsts and 2 x seconds. He didn't get his CC or BOB but the cat that did was lovely and quite a bit older than Cory and so much more mature. He got some lovely comments from his judges and fellow cat people as well as the public. All in all a great day.;) ;)

CJK
21-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Well Done Cory!!!!!!!
He IS a stunning cat so not surpised he did well bless him"!

Hreow
21-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Well done to both of you!!! Feel free to brag more, when the CCs start rolling in, for example. :grin: Tricky to be a juvenile show-cat before the older cats have had their required CCs and moved on.

dinahsmum
21-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Well done both of you (I think a pic of Cory may be in order?)

Kay
21-06-2006, 03:44 PM
Well done to both of you!!! Feel free to brag more, when the CCs start rolling in, for example. :grin: Tricky to be a juvenile show-cat before the older cats have had their required CCs and moved on.

Thanks Hreow. Yes the other cat only needed one CC to make him up to Champion so he gained his title. Unfortunately for Cory it will be at the next show as well and quite a few others we go to and she will not hold him out of the open class. :roll: :roll:

Thanks Carly he is gorgeous but I am a bit biased. Thanks DM I will try and get some updated photo's off him.

Sweet
21-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Congratulations to you both x

Being a new cat/kitten mummy whats CC and BOB?

Please post some pics of Cory x

Mags
21-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Well done Cory and Kay!!:D

And I agree with DM about the photo of Cory!;)

logoes
21-06-2006, 03:56 PM
If your Cory's number was 2 on Saturday then I saw him. Jist got the catalogue out of the drawer and looked up for an Anglesey exhibitor. No I don't show cats, just got India the rescue moggie - but love going to cat shows. Logoes

Kay
21-06-2006, 03:57 PM
Congratulations to you both x

Being a new cat/kitten mummy whats CC and BOB?

Please post some pics of Cory x

A BOB is Best of Breed and a CC is a Challenge Certificate. A cat needs 3 CC's given by 3 different judges to become a Champion. You then go onto GCC's and again you need 3 of them under different judges to become a Grand Champion. To complicate things even more we now have an Imperial title. To gain this you need 5 x ImpCC's under 5 different judges. This is for entire cats, neuters compete for the titles of Premier, Grand Premier and Imperial Grand Premier but the same rules apply.

Hope that clarifies it for you Sweet. If you need anymore info on showing please ask I will try my best. ;) ;)

Kay
21-06-2006, 04:00 PM
If your Cory's number was 2 on Saturday then I saw him. Jist got the catalogue out of the drawer and looked up for an Anglesey exhibitor. No I don't show cats, just got India the rescue moggie - but love going to cat shows. Logoes

That was Cory. You should have said hello. Let me know if you are going to anymore shows and if I am there we could meet up. Candyshandy popped along on Saturday and saw us. Hope you liked Cory.:)

Why don't you have a go at showing India?

Thanks Mags. Will get some updated pics asap.

Sweet
21-06-2006, 04:01 PM
I sort of understand now LOL both mine are moggies so no showing for me - but would love to attend a show if any were near me x

CJK
21-06-2006, 04:06 PM
blimey, they'll be a cp day out to cat shows soon lol!!!!

I'll be the one with the bag over my head :-)

Kay
21-06-2006, 04:07 PM
I sort of understand now LOL both mine are moggies so no showing for me - but would love to attend a show if any were near me x

There is no reason why you shouldn't show your lovely cats under the Household Pet Section, lots of people do. I am coming down to Thornbury on the 26th August for the West of England and South Wales show why don't you pop along to that and we could meet. Better still why don't you enter there are quite a variety of classes and entries don't close until the 5th July.

Go on give it a go. ;) ;)

Kay
21-06-2006, 04:08 PM
blimey, they'll be a cp day out to cat shows soon lol!!!!

I'll be the one with the bag over my head :-)

I know what the bag is for really....:? :? :? :?

Pinching all those lovely cats. :lol: :lol:

logoes
21-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Did my showing with dogs, Kay, had a wonderful time with them. We looked long and hard at the AVHP and rescue but India although beautiful in spirit lacks good looks I'm afraid, having lost all her teeth as the result of an accident to her mouth, and although called black you can definately see that dad was a ginger tom!!! But we love her. Logoes

Sweet
21-06-2006, 04:10 PM
I would be nervous, apart from paperwork what would it involve ? x

Kay
21-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Logoes I to showed dogs but got a bit disillusioned with it..... the person on the end of the lead being judged rather than the dog in many cases. I am sure India is very beautiful both inside and out as are all cats.

Sweet, the paperwork is pretty easy once you have done it, like anything, and if you neede help you could ring me (I will pm you my phone number if you want). Your cats have to have their vaccinations up to date and you will have to show the vaccination card at vetting in. Vetting in is the most nerve wracking part of the day I think because a vet can refuse entry for even the slightest thing. This is usual between 7.30 and 9.30 depending on the show after this you are not allowed in. You have to have an all white show kit which comprises of a white blanket, white litter tray, white food bowl (although food must not be left in the cage during judging) and a hite water bowl. You can get these online from Purrsonal Touch. At about 10.00 you are asked to leave the hall while judging takes place and you are usually let back in along with the general public at about 12.30. It is really good fun and I get withdrawal symptoms if I haven't shown for a while so give it a go. We can meet outside and I could guide you through it if you wanted.

CJK
21-06-2006, 04:25 PM
ok, so lots of white things, and a VERY large empty crate.
Think i'll phone huby at work and ask hima bout cat show. he isnt meant to take personal calls, though his boss doesnt mind if he's quick, so I can rush him, get him fustered and hope he agrees in a rush lol

Sweet
21-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Sounds tempting even for just the experience. So the cats are left in pens/cages to be judged?

Yep pm me your telephone number and I will seriously think x

Kay
21-06-2006, 04:27 PM
ok, so lots of white things, and a VERY large empty crate.
Think i'll phone huby at work and ask hima bout cat show. he isnt meant to take personal calls, though his boss doesnt mind if he's quick, so I can rush him, get him fustered and hope he agrees in a rush lol

Go for it Carly and give me a ring if you get stuck with the entry form. Thats if you haven't lost my number again...:roll: :roll: :roll:

Kay
21-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Sounds tempting even for just the experience. So the cats are left in pens/cages to be judged?

Yep pm me your telephone number and I will seriously think x

Yes they are all left in pens that are provided you just need to take them in a secure carrier, preferably a top opening one. I will pm my number now. It is really good fun and you meet some lovely people (there is the odd bad loser of course).:roll:

CJK
21-06-2006, 04:30 PM
erm...kays number......got it somewhere i'm sure

Kay
21-06-2006, 04:34 PM
erm...kays number......got it somewhere i'm sure

You better have. :mad: :mad: How many address books have you got LOL:lol: :lol:

CJK
21-06-2006, 04:39 PM
i loose everyhting kay!
If i dont loose the book I loose the handbag that the book's in!

so does cory prefer wet or dry food? and waht colour bowl should i get him?
and fleece of fur bed??

Hreow
21-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Some shows let you stay to watch, though. It's one of the charms of the Dundee show. Or you could volunteer as a Steward and help the judge by holding cats. (Though I imagine that the waiting list to do that may be rather large... :grin:)

CJK
21-06-2006, 05:19 PM
oh can i volunteer to hold the cats.(owners might not get them back though)

Kay
21-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Yes some shows do allow you to watch at a distance from the cats. You can always put on your entry form that you are willing to steward but remember you can't be a steward for a judge that is judging your cat in either the Open Grand or Imperial classes.

Carly I don't think you would want Cory at the mo. He is teething and his bum is a lovely mess....sorry. Guess it is bathtime again.

CJK
21-06-2006, 07:26 PM
nah you can have him, just done the princess butt and bathe routine the other day, dont fancy another butt to de-fluff!!! lol

I'll take angel then :-) or one of the others :-) I'll even give you two kids four bunnies, two stick insects a broken lawnmower two goldfish a pet rock (dont ask) and two pet sticks in payment!

candyshandy
21-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Cory is really gorgeous and such a cheeky chappie ;) ;). At one point he was attacking his rosette, obviously wasn't happy with it;)

Kay
21-06-2006, 07:32 PM
nah you can have him, just done the princess butt and bathe routine the other day, dont fancy another butt to de-fluff!!! lol

I'll take angel then :-) or one of the others :-) I'll even give you two kids four bunnies, two stick insects a broken lawnmower two goldfish a pet rock (dont ask) and two pet sticks in payment!

He's not as cute now you know the real Cory is he ;) ;) . Don't be fooled by Angel's name she is definitely no angel. I'll pass on the offer of payment thanks anyway. :lol: :lol:

CJK
21-06-2006, 07:33 PM
darn! lol
I'll just ahve to call by next year when we go on holiday to wales again!!

Kay
21-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Cory is really gorgeous and such a cheeky chappie ;) ;). At one point he was attacking his rosette, obviously wasn't happy with it;)

Thanks Candice. So nice to have seen you yet again. He totally ripped up his pen number by the end of the day but at least he kept everyone amused. :lol: :lol:

Kay
21-06-2006, 07:36 PM
darn! lol
I'll just ahve to call by next year when we go on holiday to wales again!!

Yeh what happened this year. You should have phoned me I could have popped down to see you and the kids... minus Cory of course (or Tilly, Tate, Eddie, Phoebe, Jilly, Angel, Leila and Kisses). :lol: :lol:

CJK
21-06-2006, 07:46 PM
i was too busy waiting on three disabled adult relatives, two kids and my poor old grandpops who has dementia!
Didnt get two seconds to myself all holiday, running about getting everything they needed, food, drinks, lifting in and out of wheelchairs and chairs etc.

Wanstmuch of a holiday I have to admit!!!

And i thought you could do without some madwoman calling you

Kay
21-06-2006, 07:51 PM
You silly madwoman it would have been great to see you. I think!!!!

CJK
21-06-2006, 07:52 PM
well it would have taken you a long time to forget it lol.

Kay
21-06-2006, 08:02 PM
Ditto........

Hreow
21-06-2006, 08:42 PM
And besides, the stick insects are mine! You promised! :-D

Fran
21-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Well done Kay and Cory!!!

Been looking at show stuff tonight. Going to be ordering a few things soon so that I am all prepared :D

CJK
22-06-2006, 07:11 AM
OH NO we havent gotta out up with Fran at shows too if we start going have we????

Blimey, I will need some valium with you two! lol
or is that vice versa?

Kay
22-06-2006, 02:42 PM
Fran, get your show stuff from Purrsonal Touch. You can order it online. Can't wait to see you out there.

Fran
22-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Fran, get your show stuff from Purrsonal Touch. You can order it online. Can't wait to see you out there.

Thanks Kay, that's the website I have been looking on :-D I am really tempted to buy what I need but don't want to tempt fate that something might go wrong with Porsha still being so very young :?

Looking forward to seeing you again too...Think we are planning her first show around October/November time..

Kay
22-06-2006, 03:08 PM
The Yorkshire show at Doncaster is on the 28th October that is fairly near you. Buy your kit it will come in at some point anyway. I am sure Porsha will be fine.

Fran
22-06-2006, 03:10 PM
The Yorkshire show at Doncaster is on the 28th October that is fairly near you. Buy your kit it will come in at some point anyway. I am sure Porsha will be fine.

Are you going to the Doncaster show Kay?

CJK
22-06-2006, 03:19 PM
well, I ahve been checking out the shows list I ahve. There are two this year I am certain I can make it to, but that none of you prob will go to! (is that a good thing for you i wonder, prob!)

The first is the Herts and middlsex cat club one, september 2nd, luton. (not far froma t all) and then of course is the supreme IN the NEC.

Just waiting for hubby to apply for days off work and see if he can take us, as memebrs of the public more than likely rahter than showing any of our cats.

Fran
22-06-2006, 03:22 PM
well, I ahve been checking out the shows list I ahve. There are two this year I am certain I can make it to, but that none of you prob will go to! (is that a good thing for you i wonder, prob!)

The first is the Herts and middlsex cat club one, september 2nd, luton. (not far froma t all) and then of course is the supreme IN the NEC.

Just waiting for hubby to apply for days off work and see if he can take us, as memebrs of the public more than likely rahter than showing any of our cats.

If you manage to get to some that I will be going to, you might just get to see the gorgeous Clooney ;) Mind, I'll have a padlock on his cage if I know you are going :-D

Hreow
22-06-2006, 03:23 PM
You have to qualify for the Supreme, I think, to be able to show there. Seem to remember you need one CC.
I will be there by tooth or by claw, also not showing and I know what you look like! How's *that* for a threat? :-D

Ooooooo Fran! I shall smuggle in my bolt-cutters, see if I don't! :grin:

Fran
22-06-2006, 03:25 PM
I was hoping to have gained Porsha's cc and go to the Supreme this year but she just won't be old enough to get that cc in in time :( Oh well, there is always next year :roll:

Fran
22-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Ooooooo Fran! I shall smuggle in my bolt-cutters, see if I don't! :grin:

:shock: :lol: @ Hreow! :-D

CJK
22-06-2006, 03:37 PM
OH I knw ic ant show em in the supreme anyway, goodness me I'd never get a cat that highg up i show society!!

Now fran, do you REALLY think you'd need a padlock?

Oh and it is amazing what a new hair cut and colour can do to change your apperance lol!!!

It's the travelling that's the msot difficult thing. Ig uess if i can get there by train, i a relatively decent time ( not forgetting I need to bring two children) i can go.

I'll do another re-think on others i can go to.

Kay
22-06-2006, 03:39 PM
You do have to qualify for the Supreme at another GCCF cat show. If your cat is an adult by the 1st June2006 then to qualify they must win a CC. If however they are still a kitten (that being up to 9 months) by that date, born after the 1st September 2005, then they can qualify by winning an Open class. This is for pedigrees. For household pets you have to win an Open class.

Fran I don't know whether I am going to Doncaster or up to Scotland that day. It will all depend on the judges.

Kay
22-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Carly why can't you show Alisha at the Supreme???? You are just making excuses. Now go and get her entered and qualified and no arguing.

Fran
22-06-2006, 03:42 PM
You do have to qualify for the Supreme at another GCCF cat show. If your cat is an adult by the 1st June2006 then to qualify they must win a CC. If however they are still a kitten (that being up to 9 months) by that date, born after the 1st September 2005, then they can qualify by winning an Open class. This is for pedigrees. For household pets you have to win an Open class.

Fran I don't know whether I am going to Doncaster or up to Scotland that day. It will all depend on the judges.

Thanks for that info Kay...so kittens can't gain cc's then? They have to wait until they are adult? I knew she had to have been shown and qualify inorder to go to the supreme. Still don't think I have got time to show her for her to qualify.

Let me know which show you decide to go to Kay..

CJK
22-06-2006, 03:43 PM
ME show alisha at the supreme? erm..........

But I gotta get her into another show before then dont i?
I'm confused by it all!!! (NOT difficult with me I know)

Let me see if i can get her entered into soemthing then!

Hreow
22-06-2006, 03:51 PM
CJ - You have to enter and win the Open. I have no idea how difficult that would be.

Fran - she'll be old enough to show by mid September, surely you can find an Open class to win before then? Can't be *that* many Lilac-point Siamese! If you feel she's still too young, then I'll back off. Promise. :-)

Kay
22-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Fran and Carly, the last qualifying shows for the Supreme are on the 9th September and are the Wyvern in Birminham (entries close 8th August) and the Northern Counties in County Durham (entries close 5th August). Alisha will definitely be old enough. What was Porsha's date of birth Fran she may just be old enough?

CJK
22-06-2006, 03:53 PM
little chance of us winning the open class, but I'm looking for one within resonable traveling distnatce we could go to with her. If not we'll just pop along to the supreme as spectators and catnappers!

Fran
22-06-2006, 03:54 PM
CJ - You have to enter and win the Open. I have no idea how difficult that would be.

Fran - she'll be old enough to show by mid September, surely you can find an Open class to win before then? Can't be *that* many Lilac-point Siamese! If you feel she's still too young, then I'll back off. Promise. :-)

Just been working it out. Think they have to be 14 weeks old to show do they? She would enter the tortie classes being a tortie I should imagine. Will have to look for shows for her but don't want to travel too far on her first outing being so young. Would I still have time to get myself entered for the Supreme if she did qualify?

CJK
22-06-2006, 03:55 PM
i'm sure county durham is near newcaslte upon tyne isnt it? If so I have relatives up there :-) Maybe a trip to see mommy or daddy is in order! If i can talk them into ahving Alisha there for a night or two.

Fran
22-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Fran and Carly, the last qualifying shows for the Supreme are on the 9th September and are the Wyvern in Birminham (entries close 8th August) and the Northern Counties in County Durham (entries close 5th August). Alisha will definitely be old enough. What was Porsha's date of birth Fran she may just be old enough?

Don't think she will be old enough Kay. I've Pm'd you

CJK
22-06-2006, 04:00 PM
just checking, there's one in kings lynn in august, I dont think that's too far away from me. Maybe enter that If can't find anything nearer.
There is one in hertford, but it's the blue pointed siamese cat club one!

But the herts and middelsex show is really near me on 2nd september, definatly going to go to that one. I can get a bus or train there really easily if I have to.

I have huge dobts we would win anything of course, but I am certain it would be a fabulous day out. So long as I can keep kids happy!

Ju7st remind me how old do kittens have to be to enter? or does it vary from show to show depending whose organising it?

Kay
22-06-2006, 04:06 PM
I am just going to send off for the Kings Lynn show schedule so I will let you know what classes there are for Alisha. My friends say it is a lovely little show and I can go and stay with them the night before. Come on Carly get her entered I will meet you outside and guide you through the ropes if you want. Kittens have to be 14 weeks on the day of the show.

What a shame about Porsha, Fran.

Hreow
22-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Sorry for "nagging", Fran. : / Not enough fingers to count that far, is my problem.

CJK
22-06-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm just checking how I get there if hubby can't take me. If i cant get him to drive us we cant enter cos of the time we have to be there by, but can pop in tos ee what goes on
It's quite exciting and I not even entered any yet lol!!!!!!!

Hreow
22-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Don't show up too early if you are just visiting CJ, most shows keeps all but judges and stewards out until noon:ish.
(And bring a white coat in your bag-of-kitty-nicking. :-D)

CJK
22-06-2006, 04:16 PM
it wont be hreow, I checkd train times, it's two changes and almost THREE hours on the train! if we leave here at 9am we get there 12.30 ish! (not on the actual train all that long as some waits at changeovers)

then we have to leave and be back on the train at 2pm to make the last bus home!
Doesnt seem feasible If we cant get hubby to take us really.

Kay
22-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Thats a shame Carly. You will have to really nag him it would be lovely to see you and Alisha.

CJK
22-06-2006, 04:35 PM
"but if you love me you'll take me" :-)

something like that maybe??

CJK
22-06-2006, 04:36 PM
shame Mr darcy has eczema cos he'd lvoe the judges to bits. soon as they picked him up he'd be purring and rubbing up against thier faces lol

Kay
22-06-2006, 04:40 PM
"but if you love me you'll take me" :-)

something like that maybe??

That sounds good to me and of course the fact that he loves cats as well.

Hreow
22-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Try to sell it as a help-your-self-to-lovely-cats event? :-)
White jackets for *two* how romantic...

CJK
22-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Try to sell it as a help-your-self-to-lovely-cats event? :-)
White jackets for *two* how romantic...

the " as much as you want " kitty buffet?????
lol

Wait until he gets home from work tonight lol!

Kay
22-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Go for it Carly and I will see you at the show.....yeh!!!!.

CJK
22-06-2006, 06:57 PM
I'll be hiding form you Kay!!! Soon as you spot me you'll be locking up your cats :-)

Kay
22-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Now thats not very nice but I think I better have an armed guard at Corys pen.

CJK
22-06-2006, 07:07 PM
The thing is would Cory come with me if i tried to pick him up, or would he meow and claw me? Wouldnt get very far with a cats claws anchored in my face!!!!

typical, hubby gone to play golf! and not answering phone, I got some persuading to do!

Kay
22-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Cory is so loving he would cuddle anyone... just don't try and brush his tummy you need welding gloves for that. Here is an old pic of him. He is a lot bigger now. I think hubby should definitely take you after all he goes and plays golf.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Tilsie/CORY6.jpg

CJK
22-06-2006, 07:14 PM
awww aint he a cutie pie!!!Bless his little whiskers!!

Kay
22-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Not so little now and definitely not a cutiepie when he has a dirty bum. I'll be glad when he has finished teething.