PDA

View Full Version : Pedigree or not?

CJK
21-06-2006, 01:53 PM
OK.
ryan and I are hoping to go to a cat show soon. BUT we are wondering what cat to enter.

Basically what we are trying to find out is could Mr Darcy and Princess be cross breeds??

Ie do you get cross breeds with the flat faces like darcy, or can princess be cross breed?

If not then we can't enter either of them, as we don't have papers for them. So it may mean waiting until Alisha gets older and entering her

Hreow
21-06-2006, 02:01 PM
They would be gravely offended at "Moggy" class? There may of course not be one at your show. Didn't know you could enter crossbreeds without some sort of paper either. I assumed you would need to prove what parentage you could. Shouldn't be long until Alisha is old enough - twelve weeks for kitten-class, I think.

Which show?

CJK
21-06-2006, 02:09 PM
dont know which show yet lol. We have been thinking about it since we joined various diff clubs.

Just dont want to go saying " oh this is a cross breed" and get turned away by the judges saying "it can't possible be" lol!!!

Hreow
21-06-2006, 02:41 PM
If you want, I can look up what it says for the Edinburgh show next month and for the Dundee one I went to with Rover. Might say something in the fine-print there. And then just hope that that isn't just in Scotland. :-) Mind you could then always blame *me*, if things go pear-shaped. :grin:

Bengal Babe
21-06-2006, 02:44 PM
I would love to enter my babies - D'arcy would win on his purrsonality and his large muscular body - he has no papers as his Mummy wasn't registered but he is 100% pure Bengal - Sebastian has papers but he is too fiesty to take, and of course my babies are the best and would win paws down.

Tia is just a princess and would win EVERYTHING so I wouldn't take her as it would be embarassing to walk away with everything. :) :)

moggymommy
21-06-2006, 02:49 PM
I think it depends if its a GCCF show or not.
If you dont have paperwork saying they are pedigree and GCCF registered then you wont be able to enter them into the pedigree classes.

Some shows have classes for rescue cats, and a pet class.
If I ever decide to show Ziggy she will be in the pet section because, although she is a pedigree, she isnt registered.

Without the paperwork I think it would be very difficult to determine whether or not Mr Darcy and Princess are crossbreeds.

CJK
21-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone.
Just wanted to be sure I could enter them In soemthing and not get told they shouldnt be there lol!
Wouldnt think of trying to enter them in the pedigree sections, but something like the cross-breeds or pet section would be good.
Never done a show before or even been to one.
NExt step is finding out when and where they are!

Kay
21-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Carly it will all depend on the show. Some have classes for half pedigree and some don't you are best talking to the relevant show manager but beware you may put some peoples back up if they think Mr D or Princess are full pedigree. To show Alisha she will need to be 14 weeks old. Which show are you thinking of as I may already have the schedule? You have to enter approx 6 weeks before the show so Alisha will definitely be old enough by then. Let me know if you want any help filling out the entry form. I think I know what I am doing now:? :? :?

You can't enter a full pedigree cat in the Household Pet Section even if you have no papers.

Hreow
21-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Look at your cat-clubs' webpages (if they have them) they should let you know when and if they have a show. Call someone on the board, if they're not online, to ask.
Then just send for the paperwork. It will definitely tell you what you need to do, what classes there are etc. Will cost you all of a SAE with postage. :-)
And if it's clear as mud - ask! I've not done much showing, but I'm happy to help, and I will say when I don't have a clue. If Kay needs a break, of course. :grin:

GCCF has the most shows, so that might be a place to start looking. http://www.gccfcats.org/shows.html
There are other organisations, and they look like more friendly affairs, but have only one or two shows a year in the UK. Think the GCCF site links to them as well, somewhere.

CJK
21-06-2006, 03:25 PM
thanks aunty kay! prob be best NOT to enter Darcy Or princess then, in case I am accused of cheating lol

I dont have any particular show in mind. Just seeing what's about and what I can get hubby to take Ryan and I to.
I know the clubs we're members of have all had thier annual shows already, which we missed this year but hope to go to next year

CJK
21-06-2006, 03:27 PM
maybe i'll just look for an online show lmao!
email in a piccy and be done with it lol

Hreow
21-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Like the one we have here, then. :-D

Kay
21-06-2006, 03:32 PM
maybe i'll just look for an online show lmao!
email in a piccy and be done with it lol

Don't you dare. Get out there and catch the showing bug. How far will hubby drive you as there is a show in Birmingham on the 9th September, entries close on the 8th August. Let me know if you can make that one as I am going with Cory.;)

Kay
21-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Just had a look on the GCCF website. The Progressive Ragdoll have their show on the 29 th July at Redditch Worcester. You could still enter that one if you download the entry form and schedule from their webpage and get it sent off ASAP. Closing date is the 24th June (Saturday).

Go for it Carly.:lol: :lol:

CJK
21-06-2006, 04:03 PM
well if i threaten to re-commnece divorce proceedings I can pretty much get my won way on anything these days lol.
I'll ask him after work tongiht and look into it!

And if i bring an empty cat carrier I can nick off with cory when you're not looking :-)

CJK
21-06-2006, 04:04 PM
i'll thinka bout it kay, have to check with hubby if he can take me. Dont fancy train trips with kids n cats lol!!!

thanks for looking though

Sweet
21-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Go for it Carly....... I didnt realize Alisha was Pedegree must of missed that thread somewhere x

Kay
21-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Go for it Carly....... I didnt realize Alisha was Pedegree must of missed that thread somewhere x

Alisha is a cross Ragdoll but all shows have a section for Household Pets and most of this sections have classes for half-pedigree/crosses. So yes Carly go for it. You better take a full carrier though because Cory won't be at that show, not being a Ragdoll, sorry.:( :(

CJK
21-06-2006, 04:13 PM
i'll get him at one of the shows kay!!!
I do ahve a very alrge suitacse, taller than elliot. I used to sue for going to and from america. Sure I could squish in half a dozen cats or so!!

IS there a feline version of crufts then?
I'd love to go to crufts one year,e ven though i dont have a doggy

Kay
21-06-2006, 04:25 PM
i'll get him at one of the shows kay!!!
I do ahve a very alrge suitacse, taller than elliot. I used to sue for going to and from america. Sure I could squish in half a dozen cats or so!!

IS there a feline version of crufts then?
I'd love to go to crufts one year,e ven though i dont have a doggy

Yes we have the Supreme in November and hopefully I will be going there. It is slightly different to other GCCF shows though. I have to say that Crufts is better for stalls though there are absolutely loads.

CJK
21-06-2006, 04:32 PM
<mental note to self> arrange pet courier for september!

I would love to go even if i dont enter a cat. See if i can get to one of them. Shame we missed wood green cos thats right near us

Hreow
21-06-2006, 05:09 PM
If there is any possible way, I will be at the Supreme. Though Rover won't. :-) Too scared of you and your suitcase, Carly. :-D

CJK
21-06-2006, 05:12 PM
lol, it'll be nicely padded with soft fleecy blankets!!