PDA

View Full Version : cat magazines

CJK
20-06-2006, 07:22 AM
I am thinking of subscribing to a cat mag or two.

Was just wondering who gets what and what they think of them.

Obviously I dont want one aimed at breeders, just one with articles in that I may find informative, and that sort of thing.

(we dont have ANY local shops that sell any cat mags so I can't go out and physically look at one to see what it's like)

Appreciate any in put on this, thanks :D

smudgley
20-06-2006, 09:06 AM
I love to read THE CAT this is the Cats protection magazine. :)

CJK
20-06-2006, 09:21 AM
OH even better, a cat mag that helps out a cat rescue! Have to google it, see if i can find it.

thanks smudgley

yola
20-06-2006, 09:32 AM
CJ - if you become a member of Cats Protection (can't remember the membership fee off the top of my head), you get sent copies free through the post. Plus you get the warm fuzzy feeling of knowing you're helping cats in need. :-D

smudgley
20-06-2006, 09:34 AM
you have to become a mamber of CP.
Membership used to always be £12 per year, however as this barely covered their costs of printing / postage - they have put it up quite a lot this year to £30 per year. Seems a lot, but then it's not when you divide it into months / weeks.
The mag is very good, stories of rescue cats & also some good info on health issues. :)

smudgley
20-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Sorry Yola, posted at the same time.

CJK
20-06-2006, 09:36 AM
thats quite a big jump in price,

but as you say over a year it isnt abd, and if it can help CP a bit worth doing..

Think I may join them then.

Sweet
20-06-2006, 09:54 AM
I buy Cat World and Your Cat - I will look at the CP site today - I didnt know they did a magazine x

Kim
20-06-2006, 06:39 PM
I used to subscribe to 'Your Cat' - I don't anymore, I do like the magazine, but found it became a big 'samey'. I do buy it now and again though.

CJK
20-06-2006, 07:32 PM
Dont suppose anyone has any old copies they wanna sell on? I'll pay postage to and maybe we can doante a percentage of the sale to a cat charity? Cheeky yeah I know, but it gives me an idea of what iw ant