PDA

View Full Version : When to take the litter tray away?

carternm31
19-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Hello guys, as a few of you know We moved exactly a year ago yesterday. Jaffa had her litter tray in the house, to get her used to being in a new home.

However its been a year now. In 1 month there has been no wee and only 1 poo in there.

is it time to take it away??

dinahsmum
19-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Looks like it.
You'll never get better weather than this for her to learn to do all her ablutions outside.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_1_25.gif

Jac
Yip I would. You can always put it back if need be. I would put it outside first though. Dont know if thats right.

Hreow
I'd keep it for emergencies, unless it is in your way? Perhaps reduce it to a small tray, like the one they have at shows?

carternm31
19-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Its not really in the way. But I dont want to encourage her to use it anymore. She never used to have one at our old house, and i think she relies on it to much - i.e if its raining.

Think i'll keep it handy just incase i find wet patch there in the next few months. :)

Mags
19-06-2006, 03:54 PM
I always keep Cassie's as she is locked indoors every night and occasionally uses it......

Donna
19-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Hardly being used? Take it away and see how it goes I say!

Sweet
19-06-2006, 04:16 PM
Mine is hardly used here, but I have kept it because my two are in on a night x

Booktigger
19-06-2006, 06:01 PM
I would actually never get rid of a tray completely - even when Ginger rarely used his, there was one there for him, just in case he needed it. And you might not know that they are feeling ill/reluctant to go out until you find a mess on teh carpet.

CathyW
19-06-2006, 09:04 PM
just move it nearer to the back door, then just by the back door, then leave it like that for a while, well thats what we did with our lot, but now they are indoor cats so tray gets used 24/7

Kim
19-06-2006, 11:31 PM
I personally prefer my cats to use the tray, although this weather they do prefer to 'go' outside. I can keep checks on their poos, eg if they have diarrhoea, passing blood, etc. When we had Anna she suffered from recurrent bouts of cystitis and had it not been for her using the litter tray I may not have realised. Poor love, I would have hated to think she was suffering and I didn't know to do anything about it. If they use the litter tray it also saves them digging my garden. Just my opinion though! ;)