PDA

View Full Version : Melancholic Introduction

Moggz
17-06-2006, 04:23 PM
I have found this website in an hour of need, and thought that as I had looked through the pictures of the cats on here it would be polite to introduce us.

I have 10 cats, ranging from 14 weeks, to 20 years. Until yesterday I had 11 cats, until my one and only outdoor cat Christmas was run down by a car.

She was a beautiful 3 year old dark Tortie, she was basically black with gold flecks. She had always been a roaming cat, and nothing I did could keep her in the house happily.

My other 10 are:
Murphy, 14 weeks, makeral tabby
Nicolas, 8 Months, giner and white with one eye
Tiggy, Sister to Nicolas, black and white, but smaller than Murphy.
(nicolas and tiggy had cat flu as kittens and have issues related to that)
Nathanial, 1 year, black and white and older brother to Tiggy and Nicolas
Micah, brother to Nathanial, ginger and white. Has some strange habits.
Pennywise, 18 months white with tortie patches, mother to Nicolas, Tiggy, Micah and Nathanial (now thankfully speyed) half siamese and proud of it.
Thomas, about 3.5 years, white with ginger bits, saft git. Was Christmas' husband.
William, Huge, white with black bits, came from a rescue in yorkshire and at about 5 years old has been stray all his life, he has a dislocated hip but copes very well with it. He can be a bit vicious, but he has only been here a month.
Tabby, a giant tabby girl, who was found in an abandoned flat - no one had been there for months, the neighbour had been slipping cat biscuits through the letter box, vets estimate her age at 10- 12 years. She was truly vicious when she arrived but now after 2 and half years of trying - she is becoming friendly.

and Felix, Weighing in at 20 years and about 3kg, he is old, miserable, skinny, miserable, and cute. He also happens to be the father of Penny's kittens (dirty old man - vets told us he would be sterile)

My 10 cats get on fabulously with my four dogs, show a complete disinterest in my rats, get chased by my rabbits and share food with the ferrets. so it's a happy household, although currently clouded by the loss of Christmas.

I am a carer, and I work nights so my babies are never alone. My husband works days.
And we all live in an old shoe, no actually its a 2 bed semi.

Mog

smudgley
17-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Hi Moggz.
Wow - you have lots of cats.
Do you breed them? As some of them are related?
Sorry to hear about Christmas.
I live not far from you. I'm in Wall Heath, West Mids. :)

Mags
17-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Hi! http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/flowers/043.gif to Catpages!!

What a large kitty family you have!!

Look forward to chatting and maybe seeing a photo or two...or three....or four....or five etc, etc of you furr family!!:lol:

Hope you enjoy it here!

Moggz
17-06-2006, 05:31 PM
No we don't breed, it's actually rather an embarassing story.

We aquired Pennywise when she was 12 weeks, all good intentions etc, to have her speyed, but when 6 months arrived we were short of cash due to a rat crisis, and as the vet had said Felix would be sterile, we didnt worry about speyeing her just then.
She spent a week screaming yowling and screaming then stopped. Season over.
We took her to the vets about 6 weeks later to be speyed and they examined her and said "and we can get rid of her kittens at the same time" so I freaked and brought her home. She duly had her kittens about 3 weeks later, all 2 of them, who we decided to keep. We intended to spey her once the kittens were weaned, and again, duly took her to the vets when her kittens were 12 weeks - only to find she was pregnant already, so again we came home. This time we made her have her litter in the dog crate and kept her in there. Plenty of good meat and lactol and everything went fine, except for the cat flu that made her and her 5 kittens poorly, Nicky lost his eye and Tiggy is stunted. Penny was ill so we had to handrear the fuzzballs. but as soon as she was well - off to the vets. I told them "just spey her, I do not want to know if there are any babies, she cant cope with another litter" and so she was speyed. the 3 healthy guys from the litter went to friends of ours, and we kept the two terrors.

NO MORE KITTENS DEAR GOD PLEASE

they are nightmares at 4weeks till forever. especially in multiple numbers.

so out of our cats - those 4 kittens are the only ones that are not rescues.

Second hand is Not second best.

Mog

Sweet
17-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Hi and welcome to Cat Pages x

Violet and Mau Mau wave a paw x

Fran
17-06-2006, 05:51 PM
Warm welcome to catpages :D I am sorry to hear about your loss of Christmas :( The pain does ease given time and hurt and pain turns to fond memories eventually {{{Hugs to you}}}. Look forward to hearing all about your cats and maybe seeing some piccies of them?

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/1.gif

Hreow
17-06-2006, 07:08 PM
No... I think we'll need photos to keep your ten cats apart... :-D

Welcome!! Shame it's not at a happier time, but a good time to talk, if you need to. We're good at listening and most of us have been there. : /

Donna
17-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Hello and Welcome,

Sorry to hear of your sad news. I hope we can all cheer you up and offer support.

Would love to see pics of ALL those cats tho!

Moli
22-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Hi warm welcome to Catpages, sorry to hear about Christmas.....

Kim
22-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Hi and welcome to Catpages. Wow, you do have a menagerie! So sorry to hear about Christmas. It is so hard to bear, and yes I think we have all been there so understand your loss. Look forward dot hearing more about your pets and piccies would be good too!

Jac
22-06-2006, 11:04 PM
Hi and welcome here. I think we can all feel your loss for Christmas. It is a nice friendly site. We all do become good "cyber" friends, I look forward to chatting to you in the future.

Rosie
03-07-2006, 11:03 AM
Hi I have not been here that long myself - I have one cat Rosie and one Dog Holly. On Saturday Huey will be joining the clan (10 week old black kitten) and I am worrying myself sick and feeling as though perhaps I shouldn't have agreed to have him. After reading that you manage to live with 10+ I really don't know what I am worrying about:lol: