PDA

View Full Version : Do I get another cat?

carternm31
16-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Hello folks,

I have a dilema. I currently own 1 dog, 1 cat and 2 ferrets as you know. My OH has given me permission to get a bengal cat which I have wanted for ages.
I will be getting a rescue, but im not sure if this is unfair on our other pets? I mean, Roxy gets our full attention at the moment, Jaffa hardly gets any attention since the puppy arrived which I already feel REALLY bad about and the ferrets havn't had a good walk for about a month!

So as much as i would LOVE to have a Bengal and it has taken nearly 4 years for my OH to agree to letting me have another cat. I cant help feeling its the wrong decision now.

Oh what to do.... http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif

dinahsmum
16-06-2006, 12:25 PM
If you don't feel right about it then it's probably not the right move just now. :(
Keep the 'Bengal IOU' in your pocket till next year?

Hreow
16-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Sounds like you're really too busy at the moment. Unfair to everyone, if you get a new cat now. Only unfair to you if you don't.
Though with the cries of help from the Bengal rescues... : / Could you compromise with a foster Bengal until you've sorted out if you have the time?

random
16-06-2006, 12:35 PM
if you don't feel you are giving the other animals enough attention it's probably best you don't get another right now.

Just my opinon, obviously it's your choice.

Mags
16-06-2006, 01:20 PM
If you have doubts now, I would definately leave it until you have a more positive frame of mind........I'm sure you will be ready for your Bengal before too long.....;)

Rosie
16-06-2006, 02:02 PM
Though with the cries of help from the Bengal rescues... : / Could you compromise with a foster Bengal until you've sorted out if you have the time?

Is it Bengal rescue I thought it was Burmese. Totally confused not very well up on the breeds. Bengals are spotted look like leopards? I asked the question and was told that a few had to be rehomed due to "aggression" problems is this right? Absolutely beautiful cats.

carternm31
16-06-2006, 03:00 PM
I know your all right. Not really sure what to say if the rescue phones now. Hopefully he wont be to mad that im one of those 'speak now' think later kind of women. Aspecially when it comes to animals! :oops: :lol:

Rosie - yes they are the leapord-like cats :)

Kim
16-06-2006, 05:26 PM
I always feel that if you are having doubts then it isn't right. But only you can decide for sure. :)