PDA

View Full Version : Old cats

Kazz
14-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Where have the years gone Cleo will be 24 August 4th this year.

Mags
14-06-2006, 10:19 PM
24!!!!.... what a good age Kazz!

She is certainly a little treasure:D

Moli
14-06-2006, 10:21 PM
I don't know Kazz, one minute you have a tiny kitten, the next a big cat....Its scarey how quickly time goes...

Fran
14-06-2006, 10:22 PM
It certainly is very scary how quickly the years fly by...but how very lucky you have been to have her that many years :-)

Kazz
14-06-2006, 10:47 PM
It certainly is very scary how quickly the years fly by...but how very lucky you have been to have her that many years :-)

Oi - Oi less of that Thank you.

She is lucky to have me. I remember everything I have ever been taught by them - I open doors, move chairs, puff cushions, stroke stop stroking on demand, replace water dishes, buy carry and open cat food, know the difference between a miaow meaning chicken or ham :roll: change clothing regularly so she has clean washing to lie on. Wear dark coloured clothing so she can leave white/ginger hairs all over them. Change litter trays without being told to, fill hanging baskets and tubs with tender plants so she can curl up on them. Leave doors ajar so she has access at all times. Build raised steps so she doesn't have to exert energy in getting onto her favourite chairs. Stay sat in uncomfortable positions so she is not disturbed.

These are just a few of my favourite things.

Mags
14-06-2006, 10:50 PM

She is lucky to have me. I remember everything I have ever been taught by them - I open doors, move chairs, puff cushions, stroke stop stroking on demand, replace water dishes, buy carry and open cat food, know the difference between a miaow meaning chicken or ham :roll: change clothing regularly so she has clean washing to lie on. Wear dark coloured clothing so she can leave white/ginger hairs all over them. Change litter trays without being told to, fill hanging baskets and tubs with tender plants so she can curl up on them. Leave doors ajar so she has access at all times. Build raised steps so she doesn't have to exert energy in getting onto her favourite chairs. Stay sat in uncomfortable positions so she is not disturbed.

These are just a few of my favourite things.
:smt005:smt005:smt005......Brilliant answer Kazz!!

Moli
14-06-2006, 10:55 PM

These are just a few of my favourite things.You have that spot on Kazz....;)

Kim
14-06-2006, 10:55 PM
24 - Wow - that is an amazing age.

Kazz
14-06-2006, 11:20 PM
24 - Wow - that is an amazing age.

I know I've no idea how I've stayed sane that long, cats are enough to drive the sanest human crazy;

Refusing to eat food down for more than 2 hours....then eating from the rubbish bin.:roll:

Midnight miaowing wakes you in the middle of the night so you go down for food for her she then she chooses that moment to lie on the stairs so you almost go head over heels when avoiding her, on the way back up with the said food your head makes sense of where she is, but she's moved and curls round your ankles so to get you on the way back up. :roll:

She insists on following me up the road when I am in the car, yet when I want to take her to the vets I can't find her for love or money. :roll:

I have spent hours calling her frantic with worry trapsing the streets looking for her then crawled home exhausted to see her strolling out of the airing cupboard - on occasion she has even had the audacity to climb over me to get out as I collapse from exhaustion on the stairs. :roll:

She has thrown up hairballs at the most embarrasing of times, and locations. And what do I do instead of fussing and apologising FIRST I check she's okay before cleaning up.

I have been brought by the two of them over the years, dead birds, mice, rats, live Koi Carp, and rabbits (Oscar those) the occasional kitten (Oscar too) and warm chicken nuggests, cooked lamb joints, warm pork chops, a complete chicken uncooked but with stuffing already added.:roll: Cleo brought me a barbie doll once - which remained unclaimed. :roll:

I have had cat fur flying both theirs and invaders.

I have watched as they stalked the same moth and collided with each other in mid air :roll:

Would I change anything - No not a moment, nor would I add any days to their lives because all good things must come to an end otherwise how do we move on.

Mags
14-06-2006, 11:27 PM
Oh Kazz, you sound so hard done by.........and you wouldn't change a minute of it!!:lol:

Brilliant reply!:-D

Moli
14-06-2006, 11:35 PM
Do you know Kazz, you would be brilliant at writing kiddies books...You have such a good way of describing events...

dandysmom
15-06-2006, 01:54 AM
I quite agree, Moli. That was a very poignant little essay, it alternately had me chuckling and then choking up a little...life with a cat in a nutshell...

Booktigger
15-06-2006, 07:12 AM
Wow 24 is such a good age, and is testament to the love and care you have given her - I hope one of mine gets to that kind of age. Some of your 'experiences' have made me chuckle!!

Ruthlynn
15-06-2006, 08:01 AM
I'm new to the world of cats but your description is so true Kazz!:D
I'm fast discovering that Lily will do what Lily wants to, when she wants to....they are certainly unique, aren't they?!:lol:

dinahsmum
15-06-2006, 08:14 AM
You are ruining that cat Kazz - she will never make old bones! :roll:
You are very lucky to have each other. As I've said before - it seems we may have our cats with us longer than we do our children.

CathyW
15-06-2006, 08:43 AM
24 what a fantastic age for a cat,well dne, your a fantastic mum to give her a lovely life :D

janey83
15-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Omg that is an amazin age! i didnt know she was that old! She's lookin pretty good for her age.:D