PDA

View Full Version : 14 animals die in arson attack

Luke
14-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Taken from a thread by dogwebber vicki-thanks for posting it V!

"Fourteen animals were killed when yobs set fire to a stable. Three horses, ten dogs and a cat burned to death after owners Franny and Jenny Rand failed to rescue them in time. The arsonists are also being hunted by police. The blaze started early yesterday and a neighbour raised the alarm after spotting flames and hearng the terrified animals' cries. Fire crews arrived at the scene but the animals were already dead. The attack came a few weeks after teenagers were seen setting fire to a fence near the stables in Rochdale. The Rands were last night trying to come to terms with their loss. Mrs Rand, 56, said: "I'm devastated"

I think its disgusting frankly!

Kay
14-06-2006, 07:34 PM
How awful, Luke. Those poor animals must have been absolutely terrified. Fire is a big phobia of mine. I really feel for those poor owners. How devasted they must be.

Mags
14-06-2006, 08:15 PM
That is shocking, those poor, poor animals!:(

I hope the scum that did this are found and severely punished:mad:

dandysmom
14-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Scum of the earth!! Would probably have torched it even if there were people in it!!Horrible, just horrible!!:cry:

Fran
14-06-2006, 10:24 PM
OMG this is so so disgusting :mad: Hope they catch the arsonists quickly

Kim
14-06-2006, 11:04 PM
Totally evil and barbaric. How can people do this and live with themselves is beyond me. :mad: Poor, poor animals, they must have been totally terrified.

yola
15-06-2006, 10:08 AM
That kind of behaviour leaves me speechless.

I hope some similarly horrible fate befalls the b******s that did this . . . and I hope very much that the husband and wife to whom this happened are able to some day get over the horror of it all :(

Rosie
15-06-2006, 11:32 AM
were left devastated following the fire at their allotment in Rooley Moor Road, Rochdale, early on Sunday.

Fire crews battled the flames but were unable to save the horses — Leo, Charlie and Tod — and 10 Cavalier King Charles spaniels.

I live not far away and this was the local newspaper story. It would appear that these animals were kept in a shed on an allotment and the dogs were used for breeding. NO wonder they couldn't rescue them if they were on an allotment. Yes I am disgusted with the yobs but the owners leave me speechless!!:mad:

yola
15-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Thanks for that info Rosie - and yes, 10 dogs held on an allotment smacks of 'dodgy dealings'. I hope all the animals were overcome quickly and didn't suffer too much (make my blood run cold . . . )