PDA

View Full Version : Tonkinese

smudgley
13-06-2006, 08:32 PM
I went to interview a family today & I knew before I went that they have a dog & 2 cats.

I was pleasantly surprised to see 2 beautiful Tonkinese. They were stunning.

I will be going again & will have to get photos next time.

I actually went to discuss a dog, ended up talking about the cats more :oops:

Mags
13-06-2006, 08:43 PM
You must remember to have your camera with you at all times Smudgley!!:D

borderdawn
13-06-2006, 09:00 PM
I am boarding a Tonkinese at the moment, VERY vocal. I think they are a cross between the Burmese and the Siamese, this one is quite oriental looking whereas others I have seen have a more roundish head.
Dawn.

Amanda
13-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Oh smudgely... you must definately remember your camera next time :) I've never seen a tonkinese.. Are they rare?

Kazz
13-06-2006, 09:16 PM
They sound nice - never seen one but the Siamese bit would be the vocal bit I imagine.:-D

Fran
13-06-2006, 09:29 PM
Don't forget your camera next time Smudgley ;) They sound adorable :cool:

Moli
13-06-2006, 09:36 PM
Can't wait for the pictures, I have never seen one either...

Snoof
13-06-2006, 09:55 PM
Oooooerrr... I always have trouble when I meet people who have cats as I tend to prattle on quite a bit, which not everyone expects... :oops:

Kim
13-06-2006, 10:36 PM
I used to look after a friends Tonkinese. I agree with Dawn that they are vocal, just like Siamese really. Very beautiful they are, Would love to see some photos.

smudgley
13-06-2006, 10:46 PM
I went to discuss the possibility of them having a Guide Dog brood to look after & as soon as I walked in I spotted them. I made friends with them whilst the man made coffee & we then chatted about them.
They are brother & sister.... I'm proud to say I did know their breed :cool: & I even knew they were origionally from siamese / burmese :cool: (quite proud of that as I'm no expert on breeds:roll: ) but what I didn't know was what colour they were :oops: I asked the man & he said the female was a lilac colourpoint & the male was a (?) he couldn't remember. He was quite dark. (The cat not the man LOL)

Oh & about them being vocal, the female was mooching around shouting her head off :lol: Didn't hear the male though.

I'll be going to see them when I take their dog. Could be weeks / months - but def getting photos.

Mags
13-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Oh & about them being vocal, the female was mooching around shouting her head off :lol: Didn't hear the male though.

I'll be going to see them when I take their dog. Could be weeks / months - but def getting photos.
Typical female!! :-D

Moli
13-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Typical Female!!:lol: Always got to be the loudest!!:lol:

http://www.giveusahome.co.uk/breederspages/catbreedpages/catphotos/tonkinese.jpgfound this, what a cutie!!!

Mags
13-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Aww how lovely Moli....I always wondered what Tonkinese looked like....

Moli
13-06-2006, 11:01 PM
Aww how lovely Moli....I always wondered what Tonkinese looked like....So did I, never seen one before, it looks like a chunky Siamese...:D

Snoof
14-06-2006, 01:04 AM
Very pretty :-) I have told Sweep before that he is not a Siamese - his meows are very loud and frequent (at least when he's pointing out that he's positively emaciated and being starved :roll:) :lol: