PDA

View Full Version : Bob Martin flea bombs

PaulaB
11-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Has anyone tried these flea bombs? I am fighting a loosing battle with fleas and must get rid of them. I am waiting for some frontline spot on to arrive but they have got to be killed off the cats/dog as well.

CJK
11-06-2006, 03:56 PM
When we first got cats years ago we didnt know much about the flea stuff you can buy from pet shops etc.
We spent over £30 trying various different brands, sprays powders, sopt on for the cats.
We had been told the vet stuff was extremely expensive.
none of the shop brought thinhs worked.

We eventually went to the vets, got the cats treated AND spray for the whoel house, for less than half what we had spent in the shops.

The best thing is get to the vets if you can, works out cheaper and works better.

Hoovreing a lot helps too, picks up some of the eggs.
As a last resort if things do get out of hand you can call the council to fumigate for you.

You can also try herbal/ natural things. such as tea tree oil cat shampoo's etc. But the tea tree oil only repells the flea's,doesnt kill them of the larvea. Forntline kills them too

Dont know if this was of any help or not

smudgley
11-06-2006, 04:04 PM
PaulaB - I would get the frontline spray. It is the same product to treat cats / dogs. It's expensive but very good, also as CJ suggested get some acclaim or similar household spray for your home. Do their beds / your carpets & furniture.
Spray the animals with the frontline & once dry, comb them each day to remove dead fleas.
I would repeat the process 4 weekly for about 3 applications. :)

EDIT TO ADD - VERY IMPORTANT - FRONTLINE SPRAY IS SUITABLE FOR BOTH DOGS / CATS BUT FRONTLINE SPOT ON IS A DIFFERENT PRODUCT FOR CATS & DOGS. SOME BRANDS OF THE DOG SPOT ONS ARE TOXIC TO CATS & SHOULD NEVER BE MIXED UP.

Donna
11-06-2006, 05:13 PM
Hoovreing a lot helps too, picks up some of the eggs.

I have heard that you should put a flea collar in your hoover bag as well, to kill any fleas that may get hoovered up or any eggs that hatch???

Fran
11-06-2006, 05:15 PM
I would never use Bob Martin products, I always use Frontline spot on for the cats, Frontline spray on for kittens and puppies and Stronghold for the dogs...

CathyW
11-06-2006, 05:27 PM
u can always ring the enviromental health up at the council and they will come n spray your house, u have to vacate the house for a few hours but the stuff is good, we had that prob a few years ago, took ages to get rid of the little blighters, but the council sorted it all out.

CJK
11-06-2006, 07:55 PM
we had them out about 6 years ago, and we didnt even have a cat at the time! but brought a sofa from somebody who did. they didnt charge and were really good about it.
But still need to kill the flea's on the pets.

And I never knew the spray was same for cats and dogs,. so have learnt something myself there!!!

smudgley
11-06-2006, 07:59 PM
CJ quote --And I never knew the spray was same for cats and dogs,. so have learnt something myself there!!![/quote]

The frontine one is. But not all of them are.