PDA

View Full Version : Well well well.

Kazz
09-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Was out in the front garden this evening Cleo was out with me, as always pottering about and a neighbour from up the road passed with his wife they made a nice comment about the garden and went on their way they came back an hour or so later and I was still there deadheading etc etc and Cleo was still there dozing as it was early evening and the sun had gone in.
The couple came nack again stopped and commented on the poppies and then Cleo wondered over and I stroked her the man said "where's your other cat gone" I said "he was PTS in Dec last year" the chap said "No; the big white one with the long ginger tail" I said "Thats right Oscar he was PTS Dec 18th last year" the woman looked at the man and they both looked at me and she said "No the other one with the long ginger ringed tail, and the ginger almost saddle on his back the one that walks down the middle of the road, he was sitting there by the gate whe the little ginger one was sitting over by the conifer."
The lady looked at her husband and he said "he was love he was sitting there just there" and pointed and the thing is the place he pointed to was where Oscar would sit and watch the world go by.

I said "can you see him now?"the man said "no but we've seen him before and this year too but now I think about it always when you are doing the garden,
whereas before we'd see him out and about on his own" the lady said "maybe we see his ghost then because he was so happy here"

Odd don't you think............. but very very nice.

Mags
09-06-2006, 09:51 PM
How very, very strange Kazz......maybe Oscar is there watching over you and Cleo.......

Kazz
09-06-2006, 09:53 PM
I know Mags very odd very odd but they wouldn't know he was PTS and they described him to a tee :?

Mags
09-06-2006, 09:56 PM
I think that would have given me a nice feeling of comfort if I had been in your shoes......

Donna
09-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Gosh Kazz, that is an amazing story. I dont know what to say, not sure if your neighbours saw a different cat or how else would you explain it????

Do you believe it was Oscar??? It is a nice thought to have though and I bet you will be thinking of him lots next time you are in the garden.

Kazz
09-06-2006, 10:03 PM
I don't know if I think it was him but they had no reason to say anything and were convinced they'd seen two cats and thats the point if Cleo hadn't been there I would think they were confused saw Cleo or saw another cat (although to my knowledge there is not another cat similar to him around here) but the fact Cleo was there and not 6ft away from where he was supposed to be makes me think it wasn't another cat as Cleo would not tolerate another cat in the garden and the dogs were pottering in and out the side gate too and they wouldn't let a strange cat in the garden. :?
Also they desciribed the cat who walked down the centre of the road which he did as if he owned the cul de sac.:roll:

Seems odd to me but I shall have to put it down to something I will never explain. Its nice to think he is still here he is buried in the back garden, :? unexplained is what I will put it down as. But a nice unexplained.

Donna
09-06-2006, 10:08 PM
Do you think the other animals can sense him?? How do they react in the front garden??

I dont know if I believe in things like this, but it is a lovely story Kazz x

Elaine
09-06-2006, 10:08 PM
That is strange but a very nice and comforting strange. Brought a tear to my eye to be honest.

Moli
09-06-2006, 10:10 PM
I am a great believer in loved animals still looking out for you....I have lost a few, my previous two staffies in 1999, and even now I still feel them around...Think if you are that close to them, they will always be there....Sounds like Oscar is looking out for his mum and sister...

CathyW
09-06-2006, 10:19 PM
next time your in the garden, pick a quiet time, (when theres no neighbours about) and call him, u might sense him near by.

Hreow
09-06-2006, 10:22 PM
That's a strange, but very comforting tale. He was obviously a great presence, not only to you, but to the neighbours as well.

Kazz
09-06-2006, 10:28 PM
next time your in the garden, pick a quiet time, (when theres no neighbours about) and call him, u might sense him near by.

Thats a good idea but I couldn't do that because if I did by chance happen to sense him I would break my heart,:(

Emm
09-06-2006, 11:01 PM
That is such a beautiful story - I totally believe these things - there have been loads of times I have seen past animals dropping in for a visit.

Fran
10-06-2006, 12:02 AM
Wow Kazz, must be very emotional for you. Somethings cannot be explained. I would find it very comforting if that happened to me

dandysmom
10-06-2006, 01:52 AM
That gave me goosebumps! I really truly believe they've seen him and that he is coming back to be where he was happy and loved...some things just can't be explained....

yola
10-06-2006, 07:27 AM
Me too (to the goosebumps)!!! But what a touching, warm and comforting thing to be told. Very moving to think that Oscar is looking out for his loved ones and is staying close by.

dinahsmum
10-06-2006, 07:53 AM
That's fascinating.
I have no qualms about seeing Tizz (which is actually the inside of an old coir hanging basket) in the garden most days but it is strange for other people to maybe see/sense things too.
Mmmm. I dunno. ???????

Sweet
10-06-2006, 09:01 AM
Very comforting and such a wonderful thread - he is always there with you watching x

Kazz
10-06-2006, 12:35 PM
I mentioned this to my brother in law today and he left then phoned he'd thought about it and said "I doubt anyone who knew him would see him, as he (BIL) doesn't think when he thought about it that anyone seeing a ghost would know they were seeing a ghost at the time, as he doubted ghosts meant to scare anyone. And if I'd seen him I'd have freaked"

And do you know he's possibly right, and if you think about it was a lovely hot/warm summers day me relaxed in the garden with Cleo, which is just the sort of day Oscar would have been out and about remember last year with his conjuncititis :roll: it was just maybe the right time. I don't know, I just don;t know I know these people had no reason to say anything at all it was purely a question ie "yourt other cat gone in?" sort of thing like I;d say they are a retired couple in their 60's.

Odd I will never know and Iwill not let it worry me. Cleo was unbothered and thats she is what I care about. :) so as long as she's happy so am I.
And relieved in a way as Cleo is getting no younger, maybe Oscar is there for her as much as for me as she seems much more relaxed lately and not as lonley as she was before I had put it down to time but maybe not all of it is. They spent almost every day together for over 23 years :?