PDA

View Full Version : Cats and Bleach

andrew021
09-06-2006, 03:30 PM
When I am cleaning the kitchen sink with Flash with Bleach, Jet always jumps onto the work surface and would sometimes lick at the clean sink, or she would lie on the work surface and roll (like dogs rolling in sh*te).

Someone told me cats love the smell of bleach, dont know how true this is.

janey83
09-06-2006, 04:02 PM
My auntie told my mum, that bleach is the only chemical that doesn't poison cats! i dunno if that's true either!

whiskey
09-06-2006, 04:13 PM
my cats love the smell of bleach i dont know why though and if they smell it on my cats they will rub themselves onto my hand:D :D :D and start acting really daft:) :)

Kim
09-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Bleach contains ammonia and this will make it smell like urine to cats!! This is why when cats wee on the floor it is best not to clean with an ammonia based cleaning product as it would only entice them to do it there again! I would imagine that it is very harmful if ingested.

Elaine
09-06-2006, 06:28 PM
My auntie told my mum, that bleach is the only chemical that doesn't poison cats! i dunno if that's true either!

I wouldnt have thought that was true, I would have thought it pretty dangerous to cats as well as humans and other animals.
They are attracted to the smell of amonia but I wouldnt want my cats licking any surfaces I have used it on.

andrew021
12-06-2006, 01:23 PM
I wouldnt let her near it until I have cleaned the sink and rinsed it with water first.

As soon as I try to clean the work surfaces Jet is straight onto them, will try another cleaning product.