PDA

View Full Version : Whats your cats night time routine?

JemBob
08-06-2006, 03:03 PM
What routine at night.....as soon as i head for the bedroom oscar is beside me I get in bed and he wants about a 15 minute hug he then licks my nose.....and curls up next to me and sleeps everynight he does it...

so whats your cat/s routine?

EmmaG
08-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Arthur will normally just settle down at the bottom of the bed on my feet and Bronwyn will sleep next to him.

However in the morning I am usually woken up by Arthur at the top of the bed purring and padding away 5-10 mins before the alarm clock goes off!!
either that or Bronwyn will sit on the bedside cabinet and tap with her paw which ever part of me is exposed :) the claws come out if I take no notice of her!! lol

carternm31
08-06-2006, 05:21 PM
well Jaffa used to follow us into the room, wait for us to settle and then walk over us both a bit, unless im reading then she will come and sit in front of the book until she gets an ear scratch. Then after making sure were both fully walked over will take her place at the bottom of the bed. :D

However since pup arrived Jaffa hasn't been in at night :( Once, when my OH was working nights, i managed to get her in the room and she waited for pup to settle down before jumping onto the bed and snuggling as close as she could to the pup. :lol:

But now OH is back in the bed, pup is on floor and Jaf is out at night again - think it is too hot in the house for her though :roll:

Donna
08-06-2006, 05:47 PM
My cats go mad when it is bedtime. They have a half hour race around the house - up and down the stairs. Then they are usually perched on my bedroom window sills - one each till everyone is asleep.

janey83
08-06-2006, 06:50 PM
When i go up stairs Tigger will go into my mums room and look out the window! until I'm in bed then he comes in my room and settles on my bed, then later on my dad will take Tigger back down stairs and keep him in the kitchen!

Then in the morning Tigger will come and wake me up with the loudest meowing i have ever heard! then i get up, n he sleeps on my bed! till dinner time!

CJK
08-06-2006, 06:53 PM
soon as i usher princess and Mr D upstairs they GO NUTS. They charge arond, chasing and attacking each other. Jumping on and off all the beds, attacking anything that moves, or doesnt move!
attacking my feet in bed.
They will settle down after about an hour, and then both come onto my bed and princess cuddles up by the backs of my knees, Mr D around my neck if he can, or next to me on my pillow.
The other two are left downstairs at night with the cat flap open as they refuse to use litter trays, and If I lock the catflap will wake me up everytime they want out for the loo.

but if it ake a nap in the daytime oatmeal will cuddle up on my belly. ( he prob thinks it's a nice soft wobbly pillow lol)

yola
08-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Fifi - no change in usual routine . . . will sleep in basement dining room either on a chair or on her pillow.

Darcy - either next to my tummy or curled up against the cushions in one of the spare bedrooms

Balie - will always come up with me and will either sleep on my feet (after protracted face rubbing and purring) or will sleep on the 1st floor landing outside our bedroom door.

dandysmom
08-06-2006, 10:56 PM
I go upstairs at 11 pm to watch the news...Leia can tell time apparently; she comes to me about 10:30, flops down for her nightly brushing; then we do a 10 or 15 minute romp with the kitty tease toy. Next is her late night dry snack (not to be confused with lunch snack, teatime snack, or breakfast and dinner !) Some nights she comes up to watch the news with me; other times she stays downstairs for a while, but then comes up & sleeps with me till morning. She's the best cat I've ever lived with about not waking me up in the morning...the boys especially were awful...bouncing & poking until I had ro pull the sheets over my head!! She gets up when I get up...GOOD GIRL!!!

CathyW
08-06-2006, 11:02 PM
as soon as i turn off the tv my 2 race for the food bowl,have a munch then head into our bedroom, if we are lucky they will sit quiet on the window sill sill. if not they will tear about the bedroom crashing n banging into stuff, using me as a tramploine, i then get fed up with all that, so i TRY :roll: and get them out the bed room, reggies out like a shot, and ronnies hides under the bed out of my reach. i get back into bed, just about to drop off and he starts yowling by the bedroom door, or reggie starts scraping the other side, need less to say by then im not happy, so ronnie has a short flying lesson into the hall (it dont hurt )along with his names i cant mention on here :oops: and i fall asleep, i let them back in about 2 or 3 when they have finished tearing up the hallway. reggie then falls asleep on his back (wishfull thinking here) and ronnies at the bottom of the bed, all fun and games here ;)

andrew021
09-06-2006, 08:41 AM
When I go to bed Jet usually follows me, I go into my room and she goes into hers. She has a double bed to sleep on and takes full advantage, stretching out.

In the morning once my alarm goes of, she jumps of the bed and paws at me to get up.

There is no chance of me having another 15 min sleep, at least my flexi time in work is now good.

Luke
09-06-2006, 09:30 AM
It depends really-i wouldnt say my two have a particular routine-moreso, wherever they are when i go off to bed they stay, Clementine is often on her wardrobe so usually sleeps there and Elsa is wherever the mood takes her:lol:

Rosie
09-06-2006, 09:36 AM
Arthur will normally just settle down at the bottom of the bed on my feet and Bronwyn will sleep next to him.

However in the morning I am usually woken up by Arthur at the top of the bed purring and padding away 5-10 mins before the alarm clock goes off!!
either that or Bronwyn will sit on the bedside cabinet and tap with her paw which ever part of me is exposed :smile: the claws come out if I take no notice of her!! lol

That is spooky I only have Rosie but she does more or less the same thing, settles on the bottom of the bed usually after I have turned off the TV but always walks to the top of the bed or sits on the bedside chest of draws before the alarm goes off and tries to wake me up. Now that it is so hot she spends a lot of the night outside and just pops in from time to time (can hear the cat flap) she absolutely loves being outside. She has her special spots to sleep during the day, like the top of the landing but has now decided that the nighbours "top of the landing" is just as good!! (neighbours all leave their doors open when the weather is this warm).

Naomi
09-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Moli is an outside cat and very rearly ventures in doors. She does come in for about an hour in the evening and sleeps under one of the chairs after she's gone and padded around the kids bedrooms and given each of them a goodnight cuddle. When it's time for me and OH to go to bed she'll go to the front door and will call to be let out. Normally she'll sleep under one of the cars, well that's where she appears from in the morning anyway :D

Mags
09-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Cassie is always indoors and catflap locked by 9.00pm.

She will then have a little play for a while before settling down in a chair.

Usually between 3 - 4.00am I hear her special little miaow and know that she is coming upstairs with her special tatty old mouse toy in her mouth. She then jumps on the bed with the mouse and stays there til morning. The mouse is almost like her comfort toy, when we return after being out, she is always curled up with it.........and it is one of the first things I pack for her when she goes into the cattery:lol: