PDA

View Full Version : Dog problems

ceiron
06-06-2006, 07:27 PM
ok, so not the msot ideal situation but i rescued an 11year old black lab who was ment to be scared of cats and bailey is used to dogs as we used to have one

one huge problem though, oscar chases cats, and now bailey hasn tbeen inside i ndays

and im nor sure what to do

im thinking of puttin a cat flap on the garage and feeding ehr out there and stuff, shes never been a lap cat btu she did used to shwo some affection and stuff, jsut not sure how it would work now

any advice ?

Hreow
06-06-2006, 07:43 PM
I'd say that you'd need to train your dog not to chase your cat, but since I have never had a dog, I wouldn't know how to go about it. :smt017 Have you tried posting this question on Dogweb? There *are* lots of dog experts here, but perhaps more there?
Hope you can sort the situation out quickly. Not good for any of you. :-(

dinahsmum
07-06-2006, 08:31 AM
Have you thought of using Training Discs to eliminate the unwanted behaviour? http://www.pets.f9.co.uk/casehistories/dogstoday/dt-1197.htm If you used them in conjunction with a clicker, to reinforce wanted behaviour you should eliminate these problems and restore peace in your house.
good luck.

ceiron
08-06-2006, 05:36 PM
oscars old so trainign si comnplicated with him eps as iahve only had him a few weeks but im getting there i think.

bailey has come in a few tiems and is currently hiding under my bed.lol

so just working on oscar now

Hreow
08-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Good boy! :-) You'll get it sorted, then.