PDA

View Full Version : 2 Months on

Elaine
05-06-2006, 06:00 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Picture344.jpg

2 months on and still missing my old boy. Have many many fond memories, still expect to see him lying on the bed. Still my eyes fill up and I feel almost choked when i talk about him.

Mags
05-06-2006, 06:05 PM
It is only natural that you are still missing Winston, Elaine:( He will always be in your heart but the time will come when you will be able smile at the many happy memories you have of him....((((hugs))))

Sweet
05-06-2006, 06:07 PM
((((((hugs)))))) x

Moli
05-06-2006, 06:14 PM
You will miss him, its only natural...."Hugs".........xx

Kazz
05-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Its funny isn't it, we know they aren't here yet still somewhere in the back of our head we "see them" or think how they would react to a situation:?
Take care Karen

Snoof
05-06-2006, 06:27 PM
*hugs*

It will get better.

Hreow
05-06-2006, 07:10 PM
It's only been two months. You're allowed.
{{hug}}

dandysmom
05-06-2006, 09:17 PM
It does hurt, doesn't it? (((hugs)))

Elaine
05-06-2006, 09:27 PM
It does hurt, doesn't it? (((hugs)))

It sure does, it is getting easier though. Its all the other things as well, you know things like the routines we had for meds, feeding schedules etc. Still feel like I have forgotten to do something. I do have loads of very fond memories and I do smile when I think of him but as soon as I start to talk about him thats it I'm off wailing again.
Think it might have been more difficult if Eva hadnt had all her little issues for me to focus on, bless her.
Strange as sometimes it feels like just yesterday he was here with me and other days it seems like such a long time ago. I still look and expect to see him though even though I know he's not there.

Kim
05-06-2006, 09:41 PM
It is so understandable and natural to feel like this - 2 months isn't long. My heart still aches for Ben our dog who we lost in December and Daisy who we lost in February. {{hugs}} to you.

janey83
05-06-2006, 09:59 PM
Awww.
It'll get better.

dandysmom
06-06-2006, 01:54 AM
It sure does, it is getting easier though. Its all the other things as well, you know things like the routines we had for meds, feeding schedules etc. Still feel like I have forgotten to do something. I do have loads of very fond memories and I do smile when I think of him but as soon as I start to talk about him thats it I'm off wailing again.
Think it might have been more difficult if Eva hadnt had all her little issues for me to focus on, bless her.
Strange as sometimes it feels like just yesterday he was here with me and other days it seems like such a long time ago. I still look and expect to see him though even though I know he's not there.
It's the little things that get you...washing Patches plate & bowl & putting them away for good had me reduced to tears...I think even more so than burying her.....:cry:

dinahsmum
06-06-2006, 08:42 AM
Group hug for all the recently bereaved.
Be happy that their infirmity is over, be happy for the wonderful memories, be sad for yourself but put them first.
xxx

smudgley
06-06-2006, 09:26 AM
It is a very difficult time when you loose a pet. 2 months is not long. I still miss my rottweiler & he died a few years ago now, but he was my big teddy bear & I loved him dearly. It's very hard. :(

Nicola
06-06-2006, 10:36 AM
He was such a huge part of your life for many years. You must miss him terribly but I am sure you will see him again one day.(sending big hug)

Elaine
06-06-2006, 11:20 AM
Thankyou all for your kind words and support xxx