PDA

View Full Version : The rescue have kittens in...

Snoof
05-06-2006, 02:41 PM
...and they all have FeLV :(

I feel so bad and sad and guilty, but I feel that taking them in would be putting Ninja and Sweep at an unfair risk. I feel terrible, because if I had no other cats I would happily take the lot and care for them, and now I don't know if anyone will ever give them a home :cry:

I guess I'll pick up some catfood, toys and blankets tomorrow on my shopping trip, and drop it off at the charity shop (handily located nextdoor to Random's nursery) on Wednesday. If it doesn't end up being used for these specific kittens, it'll help some cat or another (and help the rescue save money)... But I wish I could do more :(

Would that I had a massive house (she says, sitting in a three-story Victorian terraced house that's still too small :roll:) with enough space for a quarantined area big enough to give these puddles of fluff a happy home that's safely away from the other cats.

Sometimes it just hits home that no matter how many strays and rescues I take in, I'll never save them all... What a sad realisation that is.

dinahsmum
05-06-2006, 02:46 PM
That is sad :(

Hreow
05-06-2006, 02:48 PM
And there are so many.... :-( But you've already saved two, with two more to come, and you can't shut them up for life, which you would have to do. You're going for quality of care and quantity of cats, and you've reached an enviable balance between the two.

Wish I could take away the "if only" hurt, but watching Ninja climbing out of his no-people hide-away phase, and Sweep watching the world from their secret window (and later the kittens) will do that much better, because you *know* you're doing the right things by your cats.

Snoof
05-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Thank you Hreow, and I do know that... And do what I can, where I can to help out the rescue. It's just sort of stupid that I want to help them all, and can't.

One day Matt and I will buy a house in Lancaster. I have plans to get a house where we can put in cat pens and foster a la Smudgley Towers... It's a long way off, but it's a nice dream to plan for :-)

CJK
05-06-2006, 03:22 PM
There is only so much you can do, and you do have to consider the cats you ahve already.
Such a pity for the poor babes. Hope they all find good homes

Mags
05-06-2006, 03:45 PM
How sad:( I hope they will eventually find homes.....

Naomi
05-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Awww that's sad :(

I'm sure there's someone out there who will care for them

Fran
05-06-2006, 04:07 PM
How very sad :( I really hope this has a happy ending and the cats/kittens finding loving forever homes

smudgley
05-06-2006, 04:44 PM
how old are the kittens?
I presumme mom is FeLV. :(

MrsH
05-06-2006, 05:20 PM
That's such a sad story :cry: I hope some loving person is able to give them a home.

Sweet
05-06-2006, 05:26 PM
:( they know you would if you could x

Snoof
05-06-2006, 06:25 PM
I don't know how old they are, Smudgley, but I'm glad to know the rescue is doing what they can to care for them and home them...