PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever had a chef cook in there house?

Jac
05-06-2006, 09:44 AM
The reason I'm asking is because one of the guys that my son works with is a chef. I have been to there house for a meal and all I can say he's a brilliant cook.
On Sat night for a treat he came over here (my mum's house) and cooked for me while his wife and me had several drinky poo's.
The meal was fantastic, the company good, BUT omg the mess in the kitchen!!! I think he used every pot, plate and dish. It took me ages yesterday to wash and clean up. Then I had to tackle the cooker hob!!

It was well worth it though (I think):?

CJK
05-06-2006, 09:47 AM
I dont know any chefs lol.

I rarely have a nic meal out either, cos of being on own with kids and most places dont seen very child friendly!

Jac
05-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Oh I would cook for you if you were nearer. I know what you mean though. Every penny counts.

CJK
05-06-2006, 10:00 AM
sometimes you jsut have to say sod the moeny and eat a nice meal though!

We do go to a chineese buffet soemtimes, eat what you want for 4.80 adults 3.00 kids. It doesnt feel the same as a nice meal out, but I guess it is really. and it doesnt feel the same taking two kids on your own, elliot obviously cant carry his own plate so i am upand down serving him his dinner, as well as my own. then there's the mess, and the fact that when elliot's done he wants to get out of his high chair and roam about....

best inventionever....crayons and colouring books lol!!!
It's just on my own going out for a meal with the kids seems like more work than it is worth lol

It doenst help tat i am HOPELESS at cooking!
It got to the point where whent he smoke alarm goes off the kids yell "dinners ready!!

(and thats no joke either lol)
]mind you the slow cooker helps, cant burn anything in there really

Jac
05-06-2006, 10:09 AM
What are you like? :lol: My kids are older than yours so it's a bit diffrent. I do remember the days when I was a bit like you. No, it isnt easy with young kids. Do you find people watch you when your out by yourself with them? That always anoyed me.

CJK
05-06-2006, 10:16 AM
yes I find people watch me. And the slighest bit of misbehaviour out come the tuts and shaking heads.
Dont get me wrong my kids arent angels, but theyre not really naughty.
It is getting easier now we can go out without the buggy, and elliot can sit in a booster seat and not a high chair.

my trouble is I dont know anybody who would babysit, and I am too untrusting to let somebody I dont know babysit for my kids.

I do ask hubby to ahve the kids when he is here so i can go out, and he says yes, but I still never go out. I have a lot of issues about my appearance, I lack confidence in myself, Have to watch what i eat and drink ( no telling my diabetic nurse i eat chineese) so most of the time i think sod it i'll stay in where i know i cane at what i want!

M and S do some farily nice meals lol

Jac
05-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Yeh been there.

I left my husban in Canada when Sean was 6 weeks old. I lived with my parents for 2 years untill I got a house. We used to go out as a family regularly. As you know Sean is of mixed race. People couldn't help but stare. You could see them, I actually spun on my heals one day and shouted at a woman who had been stareing, caught you!!!
The funniest bit was when Sean started to call my dad, dad. He was only little, it was so funny, that confused people even more. He must have thought thats what mum calls him. He did grow out of it though.

Hreow
05-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Littlest brother used to be a chef, and better half has worked as a sous-chef. They're both a delight in the kitchen - ends up cleaner than when they started and the food is imaginative and oh so tasty. You wouldn't believe the inferiority-complex I get for my adequate-but-far-from-restaurant cooking. :grin: I best them at baking (and kitchen messes :roll:) though. :-D

Kids are kids. You need to worry if you really cannot have them in furnished rooms ever, or if they are little Lord Fauntleroy, otherwise they are just as they're supposed to be.
Wonder if they tut because they know no children, or because they're trying to snatch some peace and quiet away from their own hooligans. Cats I can understand (some help necessary at times), dog I'm confident I can learn, people.... not sure it is always worth the trouble.