PDA

View Full Version : Update on my rescues

smudgley
04-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Thought it was about time I updated you all on what I've got in.

Sky - getting spayed soon. (not reserved)
Bluebell :roll:
Her other 2 kittens are reserved & will go next week

Charlie - getting spayed soon (not reserved yet)
2 of her kittens have gone
other 2 are reserved & go in a week

Lucky (reserved)
All 4 kittens are reserved, they can go in 2 weeks

Lily (reserved) 4 weeks old
2 kittens reserved
2 kittens not reserved

There are loads waiting to come in. I took 2 calls this weekend for pregnant females that people have found :shock: also a very thin "ill" cat. (They're from people that have phoned the "lost & found cats" line.) I don't take the calls for general enquiries - so dread to think how many calls she is taking at the mo. It's heartbreaking really - but we can only do so much. We will try & get the pregnant ones in ASAP but we don't have enough fosterers. I could take them in kitten pens - I have the room, but I just don't have enough time for any more, however I did say if either of them give birth before we have a free pen, I'd have to get them here, can't stand to think of newborn babes outside. :(

Snoof
04-06-2006, 11:16 PM
I thought you were keeping Bluebell, or is that why you put the :roll: smiley by her name?

What a full house. Kitten season is a heartbreaking thing from a rescue perspective :(

dandysmom
05-06-2006, 02:26 AM
I too thought you were keeping Bluebell...has something changed???

CJK
05-06-2006, 07:22 AM
maybe smudgley decided to send bluebell to me?!?!!? LOL

horrible isnt it to see so many unwanted cats. I bet the pregnant ones are only like that cos the owners couldnt be bothered getting them speyed, let them out, and now decided they dont want to know.

MAkes me even more determined to foster. But have decided to wait and see if we move house in the next few months or so, we're trying to.
Maybe then I'll get a bigger garden with room for more pens.

You're doing a wonderfull job though.
Have you kept count of how many cats you ahve helped since you first started fostering? I bet it's a LOT, and just think theyre all now very much loved in great new homes thanks to you!!!

smudgley
05-06-2006, 07:53 AM
We are keeping Bluebell alright, no change there ;)
I was just listing the litters I have in & Bluebell is one of Sky's 3 kittens :)
She's staying put, she's well & truly got her feet under the table. :)

Ruthlynn
05-06-2006, 07:59 AM
I wished you lived closer Smudgley!:cry: I'd love to give a hand and now that I've stopped work I could volunteer for some of the rescue people. You're doing a grand job!

Kay
05-06-2006, 08:00 AM
Keep up the good work. Bluebell sounds a very sensible kitty for getting her feet settled under your table.