PDA

View Full Version : Grass seed

Naomi
04-06-2006, 07:29 PM
As you know we are doing our garden and as most of my lawn appears to be non existent I thought about putting grass seed down but haven't the first idea of what grass seed to get.

Our soil has a very hgh water content and can become very clay-like when really wet.

Sweet
04-06-2006, 07:47 PM
I am sorry I cannot help, hope someone on here can x

Donna
04-06-2006, 08:39 PM
I cannot help with a type of grass seed - I seeded my lawn last year as I did a complete makeover and the lawn was non existant due to some large trees killing off all the grass.... anyway...

I bought some general use grass seed from Wilkinsons (not expensive) and just threw it all on and watered it etc etc as it says on the packet and..

hey presto!!! Lovely lawn now!!!!

(If it is a bit clay like I would maybe add some sand into it to help with breaking it up and drainage????

dinahsmum
05-06-2006, 09:18 AM
There's a great mix called Canada (I think) which is supposed to be extra tough and hard-wearing - good for the kids etc. Strangely, I think Argos sell it :roll:

Naomi
05-06-2006, 10:50 AM
Thanks guy's I had a look in Woolies where I bought my new watering can and a load more compost but they didn't have much in the way of grass seed.