PDA

View Full Version : wish me luck!

CJK
04-06-2006, 06:02 PM
I am off to bath princess and give Mr darcy his first ever bath!!!!

Princess is fine, althout she doesnt think much to it she doesnt bite or scratch.
I have a feeling Mr darcy is going to become a human flesh shredder though!!

Decided to bath them both cos Princess is a bit grubby and Mr Darcy rolled in some wet mud in the garden just after i watered the plants :roll:

Donna
04-06-2006, 06:03 PM
That sounds like a near death experience to me!! Rather you than me!!

Mags
04-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Perhaps we had better send out the search party if we don't hear from you later CJ!:?:D Good luck!:lol:

CathyW
04-06-2006, 06:33 PM
ive got loads of plasters if u want me to send them to you.:lol:

Hreow
04-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Maybe if you put a roast chicken in the bath, then fill to cover...:-D Then again, I seem to remember he doesn't really care for chicken.
Good luck! It was nice knowing you. :grin:

CJK
04-06-2006, 07:53 PM
lol.
All done.

both bathed and groomed.
BOY you shoulda heard the nosie of Mr darcy after about thirty seconds of bathing.
He didnt try and bite, and didn't try and scratch on purpose, but i do have a rather stripey right hand now :-)

I tried combing the mud out and just couldnt. Poor boy.

Princess took AGES to comb / groom. but is all done.
I wish I had batteries for the camera left, they ran out today. You should see her face. You know how some people say how can you tell when a persian is miserable cos they always look it? well you can certainly tell she is grumpy now!!

But all done,. looking clean and smelling fresh.

Sweet
04-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Awwwwww bless, wish you had batteries for pics x

CJK
04-06-2006, 08:02 PM
pics would be very funny.
the phrase drowned rats comes to mind!!

Mags
04-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Glad you got through it practically unscathed CJ!:-D

random
04-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Ohhhhhhhh I remember one time I had to bath tabs as she got poo on her fur somehow while she was out on her travels :roll:

My arms were all properly healed again in a few weeks though :mrgreen: lol :lol:

Moli
04-06-2006, 09:04 PM
You are very brave CJ, never bathed a cat!! Bet they are all soft and fluffy now:D

Fran
04-06-2006, 11:19 PM
Rather you than me Carly! Glad I have short haired cats :-D Bet they look and smell lovely now :cool:

CJK
05-06-2006, 07:32 AM
:-D Bet they look and smell lovely now :cool:

they sure do.
Princess looks all soft and fluffy now. and Mr darcy is gleaming.

Kay
05-06-2006, 08:06 AM
It's fun isn't it, Carly, and you only have 2. Mine are pretty good on the whole except for Eddie. You can't do anything to him with out ending up in A & E. He was one of the ones I took back last year and god knows what she had done to him as he used to be brilliant.

CJK
05-06-2006, 08:08 AM
fun isnt exactly the way i would describe it.
I did feel sorry for Darcy, the noises he was making!!
but soemtimes needs must and i couldnt leave them both mucky.

next time i'll bring them to you for thier bath lol, i value my hands a lot :-)

Kay
05-06-2006, 08:20 AM
next time i'll bring them to you for thier bath lol, i value my hands a lot :-)[/quote]

Thanks a lot. But what are hands? :lol: :lol: :lol:

CJK
05-06-2006, 08:24 AM
hands are a cats bathtime scratch post arent they?

Kay
05-06-2006, 08:33 AM
hands are a cats bathtime scratch post arent they?

Mine have definitely run out of thier sisal rope. :lol: :lol: :lol:

CJK
05-06-2006, 08:36 AM
maybe i should make some elbow length gloves out of sissal rope!

Jac
05-06-2006, 08:40 AM
Glad you had fun:D Rather you than me though. Mind you bengals are ment to like going for the occasional swim (exept mine)

Kay
05-06-2006, 08:41 AM
maybe i should make some elbow length gloves out of sissal rope!

I thought about borrowing a pair of welding gloves :lol: :lol: :lol:

CJK
05-06-2006, 08:46 AM
lmao.
when we had our "special needs" girl she needed bathing every 2-3 days, hubby wore welding gloves with her.

Rosie
05-06-2006, 09:52 AM
I can honestly say I have never ever thought of bathing any of my cats. Rosie is almost pure white and keeps her coat immaculate. Is it common practice to bath cats?

CJK
05-06-2006, 09:57 AM
sometimes you need to bathe persians. I wouldnt usually bathe my moggies though. the girl i mentioned was a kitty we had from about 4 weeks old ( we were told she was eight weeks) She had congential problems, and was occasionally not quick enough to get to the litter tray, because she had trouble walking.
She needed bathing because she couldnt manage to keep her rear end clean by herself.

The persians get bather occasionally in my home, princess occasionally gets a mucky butt. But she hasnt been bathed for about three months. and my boy has never been bathed before, he just got caked in mud and i couldnt brush it out.

It depends on the cat and the person etc. I know smudgley has bathed some of her rescue cats, and I hope she doesnt mind me mentioning her name here.

Rosie
05-06-2006, 11:44 AM
She had congential problems, and was occasionally not quick enough to get to the litter tray, because she had trouble walking.
She needed bathing because she couldnt manage to keep her rear end clean by herself.

Poor little thing hope she is OK. I had a friend who was a cat and dog groomer. When she had to do a cat if they were fiesty she would put a sock on their head she said it calmed them:shock:

CJK
05-06-2006, 03:24 PM
She was PTS about two years ago, aged four months. As well as not being able tow alk very well we discovered she had a twisted bowel too and at that time the vet said the kindest thing is to let her cross over the bridge.