PDA

View Full Version : About the Diva.....

Elaine
03-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Bernie and Eva went to the vets yesterday for a manicure/pedicure, Bernie was also microchipped. Bernie was absolutely fine and didnt even flinch at being microchipped. Eva was a different kettle of fish altogether, she went mental, all teeth and claws:shock: . We just put her back in her basket and took her home, poor babe was just way too stressed:( . Am thinking about talking to the vets and asking if I can take her in every few weeks or so just for some fussing. Reason being they talked about giving her valium and I really dont want to go down that road if I can help it and I dont mind paying for consultation fee's ect if it will help Eva. Do you think it would help or stress hr further?

Hreow
03-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Try it and see? If she gets fussed over in the waiting-room to begin with, you can probably judge if it will help or not. I.e. if she's distressed even there, there is probably not much point.

Donna
03-06-2006, 07:05 PM
Maybe you could ask the vet to give her a few treats each time??

dandysmom
03-06-2006, 07:52 PM
If I were you I'd discuss it with the vet to see if he thinks it might make her less distressed...I agree I would NOT want to go the valium route!! My personal opinion (and not knowing her it may not be valid) is that it would only stress her more. And maybre make her less trusting of you...???

Elaine
04-06-2006, 11:38 AM
Have thought long and hard about this and agree that it probably wouldnt be in Eva's best interests and only cause her further distress. Have decided, since she is a healthy cat with no real need to visit the vets often that I am going to try to build a trusting bond with her through the use of clicker training. Am already making good progress with her confidence issues and litter box issues and since she is so responsive to it why not use it to try and build greater trust, working towards her letting me do her manicure/pedicures. Its gonna be a long road but so worth it.
Winston was always so trusting of me, Eva just needs that little extra time and patients with everything :lol:

dandysmom
04-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Sounds good to me, Elaine!