PDA

View Full Version : Frontline ?

logoes
02-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Now that India is out and about we have the problem of ticks. I know that Frontline is now available on line and was wondering if any of you have used the Frontline Spot On for fleas and Ticks, and also Droncit Spot On for worms. I am trying to avoid getting both India and myself in a tizz trying to get a pill down her throat !!!! Logoes

Moli
02-06-2006, 03:55 PM
I use Spot on for both my dogs and cats, have done for a long time, it seem to work, never had any fleas or ticks on any of them...

smudgley
02-06-2006, 03:56 PM
http://www.profender.no/106/Home.htm is also a spot on wormer

Hreow
02-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Rover gets Frontlined against fleas, ticks and lice. He gets a pill wormer. I've chosen this combination because I have great faith in Frontline as it has kept proper out-door cats reasonably safe, but since Rover has a very slender and long neck, I prefer a pill wormer as it's a struggle to get the drops to stay on his neck, not drain off, and in a place he can't reach.

It makes sense to me to have the flea-protection on the outside where they can be found, and the wormer on the inside with the potential worms, though this is just the way my mind works, not the bug/worm proofing. :-D

logoes
03-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks for your thoughts, I used to take Melba to the Vet to be done for worms, and we had a problem with fleas because she was allergic to drop-ons, I just went through the house regularly spraying everywhere, it seemed to work, but ticks are a nuisence and had to be removed with her all wrapped up in towels!!!!!!!!!! I know India had frontline at the rescue centre but hadn't realised until recently that you could treat for tapeworms with a drop-on, it will make life a lot easier. Logoes

Kay
05-06-2006, 08:44 AM
All mine, cats and dogs, are treated with Frontline Spot-on including the kittens prior to going to their new homes. To worm the cats I use Panacur Liquid and an oral syringe and have never had any problems even with tiny babies and my most awkward adult, Eddie.

CJK
07-06-2006, 09:54 AM
I have sifted through dozens of webpages this morning, trying to find in there is one that i can pay for the frontline by cheque. Wondering if anybody knows of one off hand at all?

We used advantage last time, as it is sold in packs of four, not three like frontline. But it seemed to aggrivate Mr Darcy's eczema.

Appreciate it if anyone can help

yola
07-06-2006, 10:01 AM
CJ - do you have to buy on-line? Most on-line retailers won't take cheques. Would you be better off going to a vet? I know it might cost a bit more but at least you could use your preferred method of payment.

I haven't had any problem with Advantage - all 3 cats seem fine with it. Are you using Adv 80 (for larger cats) or Adv 40 (for smaller)? My Darcy is tiny and the vet said that 40 (which is technically for kittens) would suffice as a larger quantity might irritate his skin. Just a thought as maybe that's part of your Darcy's problem?

CJK
07-06-2006, 11:18 AM
IT's just with my current medical problems I often find it difficult to get out of the house, and if I could find an online supplier that takes cheques it would make it easier for me, it's a bit of a slog uphill to the new vets.

I cant remember what dose advantage we used, by my vet said cos of darcy's weight he could use same as the other cats, just put most of it on him not all.
It just seemed his eczema falred up big time after advantage but not after frontline so i thought it may be best to avoid advantage in the future in case it does it again.

I was wondering about herbal flea remedies too, but arent sure how effective they are, and dont know anybody who has used them that may be able to help

logoes
07-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Have you tried Hyperdrug, a favourite of mine, have dealt with them for years. on the web its www.hyperdrug.co (http://www.hyperdrug.co). I know they take cheques if you mail them an order, and postal orders. Must admit I use plastic now although I used mail in years gone by. You can also find them directly as canine-chemists on the web. where the cat products are.
there is also vet-medic.com, but I think they may be on line these days, it is some time since I last had anything from them - Logoes

missfluffy
07-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Remember I am a blonde, but if you have a cheque book dont you have a cheque garentee card? I dont have a credit card just my normal cheque garentee card to order things online.

CJK
07-06-2006, 05:05 PM
i dont have either. I use cheques printed off from the cash point machine. I prefer it that way. I dont like catalogues, credit cards or switch cards.
I personally prefer to know what I have at all times, and find it easier this way.

When the cheques are printed off from the bank the money is taken out right away and put into a holding account, that way I know exactly what's in my bank, and the cheques cant bounce.