PDA

View Full Version : Would you....

moggymommy
02-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Get a little something for the breeder you are buying a kitten from if they have been really nice and extra helpful?

The lady I am buying Ziggy from is so lovely, she has been really great and we've kept in touch regularily and she's sent loads of photos, we've had long chats on the phone and she's been great about arranging to collect her especially this week when I thought I wasnt going to make it (my eye is fine now so everything is going ahead as planned tomorrow, excited is not the word!) I feel like giving her something, I dont really know what tho! There's a good chance I'll buy from her again as she's been so good and her cats and kittens are exceptional (in my humble opinion)

So, would you?

Hreow
02-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Get her some nice flowers (no lilies) perhaps? And maybe tell her that you would be willing to talk about your positive experience with other prospective buyers? Though she probably already has good references, a few more are always welcome. Good, friendly breeders are worth their weight in chocolate truffles (at least!), so don't feel awkward about a thank-you present, if you feel it is right for you.

I brought a tea we had been talking about as a thank you.
I'll send an occasional card (and loads of progress reports with photos) as well, but that's after the hand-over, so to speak. :-)

random
02-06-2006, 01:29 PM
I agree with Hreow, flowers would be lovely and I bet she'd be really touched. The best present would be keeping in touch with her afterwards and keeping her updated with how your new kitten is getting on and growing up. :D

What a lovely thought :D

moggymommy
02-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Flowers probably would be the best bet, the only problem is they would be left in her car all day as I am not collecting Ziggy from her home as it is quite far away. She has some of her cats entered in a show and I am meeting her there in the morning. Flowers would probably die.

I could get a bunch sent to her house on monday or something? But I'd quite like to give her something when I see her tomorrow.

Snoof
02-06-2006, 01:58 PM
Chocolate truffles? :D

How about getting one of the pictures of Ziggy printed out properly (I think Kodak shops do this from digital) and buying a pretty frame to put it in?

CJK
02-06-2006, 02:02 PM
I definatly would do. I always give people something if theyve been extra kind and helpfull etc.

Like when we got our moggies, they were all free, the aldy wouldnt take any money, so i got her kids a massive bag of sweetys and board games etc, to say thanks.

Booktigger
02-06-2006, 02:38 PM
When one of my fosters was adopted, I was given a catnip plant by his new mum which was a lovely thought (and is still going over a year later), so maybe something like that?

Fran
02-06-2006, 10:47 PM
I have had some lovely presents from my new puppy owners from home produced eggs to lovely vintage bottles of wine! The best present for any breeder in my opinion, however, are regular updates and piccies of the babies as they grow up :cool:

dandysmom
03-06-2006, 02:16 AM
How about a nice potted plant? I agree flowers would be nicer but would definitely wilt in the car...a plant should be OK. If you know she likes wine, that would be another good idea. And definitely pics & progress reports! I kept in touch with my Pura's breeder for 12 years...until he had an untimely heart attack two years ago...we had lovely chats.

Hreow
03-06-2006, 08:04 AM
You must have picked Ziggy up about now. Story! Photos! Now! What do you mean, you have to get home first? :-D Small detail! :grin:
Hope everything went well.

moggymommy
04-06-2006, 12:41 PM
:D :-D :smt007

Where do I start!

Ziggy is great, such a little sweetie!

It was a 17 hour round trip to collect her :shock: but worth *every* second and wrong turn (there were a few of those! lol)

She was excellent in the car, her breeder Jo was lovely, even tho it looked like we were doing some very shady dealings in a car park outside a cat show :oops: but while we were there we saw, and heard, loads of lovely cats. It was quite funny seeing some of the owners with special little trolleys piled high with cat boxes.

When we got home she buried herself in a corner so I put her wee box there and she went straight in and stayed there for 3 hours bless her, but no wonder after such a long journey. When she was ready to come out to explore she had a wee look around then came looking for my hand and she just went round and round in circles getting stroked in one direction then the other :D She is so friendly and affectionate, she even rolls over for belly rubs already.

I am chuffed to bits with her, she is gorgeous :smt049

Will post some pics asap ;)

MrsH
04-06-2006, 12:49 PM
That was a long day yesterday for little Ziggy! I love the images that "shady dealings in a car park" conjures up in my mind.

Mags
04-06-2006, 01:19 PM
Looking forward to seeing pics of Ziggy, MM!!

Long trip but well worth it in the end!:D

moggymommy
04-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Absolutely!

The journey home took alot longer as I kept on stopping to look at her and let her out to stretch her wee legs :D

Hreow
04-06-2006, 01:40 PM
I'm glad she turned out to be all you wanted and then some!

dinahsmum
04-06-2006, 03:57 PM
What a long time.
Hope she's settled in well - sounds like it!

dandysmom
04-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Sounds as if she's really settling in; she sounds like a real cutie! Worth waiting for. Did you give the breeder anything?

borderdawn
04-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Thats a lovely thought, I think flowers sound really nice. Wiggy's breeder is lovely too, she kept him over 2 more weeks while I was on holiday, and keeps in touch.
Dawn.

Fran
04-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Congratulations on your new arrival!! Looking forward to the piccies :p