PDA

View Full Version : That crazy Ninja... Update on him and Sweep.

Snoof
01-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Ok, so Ninja and Sweep are the best of friends again. They give each other headbutts, no more fighting... Nothing. Despite, you know... Sweep being an unneutered male (I have to beat the boys around the head - I just don't bleeding get how difficult they're making it to put a smegging catflap in!).

So yesterday I went to the catlady who lives two doors down to ask her about Sweep, because I knew she'd know about him (not least because her neighbour told me he sleeps in her shed).

Well, Sweep sleeps in her shed. And whenever he does, when she comes out in the morning Ninja is sleeping in there with him :shock: :smt007 Apparently he hasn't been doing it lately, so I informed her that we are taking him in and that he's been sleeping in my house lots. She told me he does belong to someone round the corner, but they don't let him in and they don't feed him, so I'm not going to bother :mad: Meaniepantses. Well, that and they didn't get him neutered... How awful can you be?

I mostly wanted to make sure she didn't get worried when she didn't see him for a while, as she's a very caring lady and I don't want her to get concerned about Sweep when he's sorted out and finally has a home.

And funnily enough... There's another all-black cat in the neighbourhood, and she has named that one Sooty :lol: We had a good laugh when I told her we'd named Sweep, Sweep :-D

Apparently he's been sleeping in her shed for a long time, she'd named him Baby but thought he was a girl, so no issue there. Apparently also the tortie-and-white who came in with them and ate here at least once has been named Tiddles, but the reason she looks so well cared-for is because she lives with J (that's the lady) where necessary or possible. J also has another tortie-and-white named Ginger who doesn't like Tiddles, but she takes Tiddles to the vet's and everything and has no issues with her, so I'll happily consider Tiddles "owned" and am pleased I clearly don't need to worry about her :-)

She expressed surprise at how sweet Ninja is with the other cats, and I told her I cannot figure out how he's getting along so well with an unaltered tom... But I guess stranger things have happened, and right now at least it means we can give another homeless little guy a happy home.

He's still trying to figure out how to break into the ratcage, by the way. Every day, several times a day, he comes into the lounge (he's not at all afraid of my son, which is also good :-)), trundles across to the cage and approaches it from a slightly different position to see if that works better. He also spends a fair amount of time on the window sill in the bay window where he and Ninja like to hide, but he's notably less skittish. I'm still trying to get a picture of him when he sits back on his haunches and waves his front paws at the rats :lol: It's adorable and funny.

Ninja is slowly coming out of this particular "I don't want to be around humans" funk, which is always a great comfort. I think that when we start keeping Sweep in for a while, he'll also stay in a lot more as he appreciates Sweep's company. And it's nice to know he's been out lots because of his friends rather than because of something we did!

So, there you go. Oh, and my pet supply shop has ordered some dry shampoo for me that they'll have on Tuesday, so I can pick that up and be prepared to give Sweep a good cleaning once he's been into the vet's for a checkup and to have his present condition documented.

Moli
01-06-2006, 11:09 PM
Looks like Sweep has found himself a new pal, and home,,pleased they are getting on, sounds like Sweep needed a new mum!!

Mags
01-06-2006, 11:12 PM
How nice that they are getting on so well now........

Fran
01-06-2006, 11:51 PM
Glad all is going well! Isn't it so lovely how Ninja and Sweep get along :cool:

Snoof
02-06-2006, 12:14 AM
It's very nice to see. Apparently they're three musketeers - Sweep, Ninja and Tiddles! I'm so glad, since Sweep apparently will come in but not allow J to touch him, that he's comfortable in my house.

He's a lovely cat both in appearance and in temperament. He's very much like a little lion - goes well with Ninja who is a little panther! It's also nice to know they get along well together as it gives Ninja some company. But Sweep's still skittish (he doesn't like being touched and will barely come close enough to sniff if he's on the floor, although he's happy to be stroked whilst on the ledge eating or whilst on the chair he's commissioned as his bed), so we will still be getting the kittens and look for very sociable ones in hopes that they will both learn from them.

It's very nice to see more evidence of his sociable behaviour regarding other cats, however. Reinforces my hopes that sociable kittens may teach him (and Sweep!) how to be trusting of people. But first... Snip snip!

dandysmom
02-06-2006, 02:32 AM
What an enjoyable post...it's wonderful that they're getting along so well!! And I love that name Tiddles...:D

Sweet
02-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Happy times for them both x

Hreow
02-06-2006, 11:51 AM
"The three musketeers" :-) He does cat company so much better than human, doesn't he? As you say - at least you know he's with his mates, and not avoiding you.

Kazz
02-06-2006, 03:42 PM
I am so pleased they are all getting along well. And that my less than positive post regarding them both in another thread hasbeen proved wrong. Seems they will all be living happily together.:D

Snoof
02-06-2006, 03:43 PM
It's all good, Kazz - I thought you were right even before you made that post. I'm very glad it hasn't come to that, though :-)

borderdawn
02-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Great news Snoof, good to here.
Dawn.